Shoulder Pain During An Exam....? (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

i was just wondering if anyone else gets out of an exam with shoulder pain(especially around the shoulder blades). it usually sets in around an hour into the exam and annoys me throughout. it kinda distracts me, so i want to stop it from happening.

it may seem kinda trivial, but does anyone know how to prevent it? is there a correct sitting posture during an exam? (especially for 3 hours).

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i think its from ur sleeping posture...

or ur too tense

= Jennifer =

HSC
i dont get shoulder pain i tend to get more of a whole arm pain throughout the whole exam i have tried practicing under exam conditions at home but the arm pain is still there.. i went to the doctor and they said there is nothing wrong :(

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
try taking a short break every half hour and just roll your shoulder a few times. also try stretching your arm across your torso, pulling it in to your chest using your left hand, just above your right elbow. as you do this, kind of arch your back so you can feel the strech underneath ur shoulder blade. hope that helps.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Don't hunch over when writing in essay cos you tend to forget and you end up in that position for an hour or maybe more! :eek:

Hunching over for a 3 hour Modern History Exam with6 essays or so will positively kill you!!

santaslayer

HSC
I don't know anyone who doesn't experience pain after 3 hours in an exam room. It;s all about posture, but seriously, who cares about posture when your've got a fat exam in front of you.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
shoulder pain is reallt bad though
i mean it is normal to get a sore hand, as you have been writing for ages but a killing shoulder just sux ( i have that prob too) and unfortunetely havent worked out how to fix it

astro

HSC
i used to get shoulder pain when on a computer...but in exams i usually my hand usually tenses up and i write really slow....

kpq_sniper017

just while doing a trial exam at home...i realised that it is actually coz i hunch my back when i write. i dunno how to prevent it. coz once i lean forward to start writing, my back already arches and i get the shoulder pain around an hour into the exam.

i sit up straight when i'm at the computer, and my shoulder/back seems fine. i guess i just have to get the right posutre going.

kpq_sniper017

Navjeet said:
try taking a short break every half hour and just roll your shoulder a few times. also try stretching your arm across your torso, pulling it in to your chest using your left hand, just above your right elbow. as you do this, kind of arch your back so you can feel the strech underneath ur shoulder blade. hope that helps.
maybe that'll work....i might try it next time. thx.

btw. anyone know how to get rid of hand pain? especially for a 2 hour english exam. my hand usually aches after 25 mins or so. i think the reaosn for that is probably coz i grip the pen too hard and push down on the paper too hard. but i've been improving that over the last few exams.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ yeah i would suggest not gripping pen so hard and pushing paper down then! nah english and essay exams are hard, you just have to pause once in awhile and shake hand ( think about what you are going to write next as you shake hand)

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
in most tests you dont really need the full time, so u can spend a minute or two stretching in the middle of the test.

i find that i get this wierd welt/sore thing on finger from holding the pen to tightly, but i rarely get pain anywhere else. just try adjusting the way u sit, and also dont lean to one side to much, because that side will start to get sore.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
in most tests you dont really need the full time, so u can spend a minute or two stretching in the middle of the test.

i find that i get this wierd welt/sore thing on finger from holding the pen to tightly, but i rarely get pain anywhere else. just try adjusting the way u sit, and also dont lean to one side to much, because that side will start to get sore.
thats kinda gross :)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
as for me during english HSC....my neck was dead n shoulder 2! it was bad!!!! n by the end of the exam....my finger was almost bleeding.....lucky it didn't spoil the beauty of my paper!!! :cool:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:

Calluses don't you love them i have a lovely one on my right ring finger

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I wouldnt waste a spare minute in the English HSC....every second counts :(

kpq_sniper017

Tommy_Lamp said:

yea.
i've got a numbish lump thing on my right ring finger too (if u can call it a ring finger). if i push it, it doesn't hurt....kinda weird, but does anyone know how to get rid of them?

all this time, i've been thinking about the exam itself and totally ignored my back/shoulders/fingers etc. lucky i thought of asking now before it was too late (still a year to go anyway).

kpq_sniper017

*girl04* said:
^^ yeah i would suggest not gripping pen so hard and pushing paper down then! nah english and essay exams are hard, you just have to pause once in awhile and shake hand ( think about what you are going to write next as you shake hand)
i always use one of those pilot pens, and they're pretty good....the pen seems to slide along the page, so at least it stops me from pressing too hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)