Sibt ? (1 Viewer)

cafeex3

HSC
N/A
Hi im currently studying year 11 and im considering going to sibt next year to do a foundation course and then hopefully transfering to macquarie second year if i get the required GPA ... good or bad idea ?

Last edited:

blackrider89

HSC
Hi im currently studying year 11 and im considering going to sibt next year and completing one year there and transfering to macquarie second yr... good or bad idea ?
Bad. U must study Year 12 or a Foundation year to get access 2 MQ 1st year.

blackrider89

HSC
yeah, a foundtion year
Why don't u choose Taylor College? Will have more choices and better education, perhaps. Coz SIBT and MCQ city campus 's Foundation Year are just so so. And if u wanna attend 1st year at MQ after completing a Foundation year, u have 2 choose the MCQ city campus's Foundation year, not SIBT's.

cafeex3

HSC
N/A
At the moment im doing year 11 i realised the subjects i chose will not get me the marks for the course i want in uni thats why im considering going straight to foundation and then completing a diploma in commerce at sibt then hopefully transferring to mq. Is not completing yr 12 a disadvantage for me in the future? ill still have all my university diplomas and certificates etc.. just no atar

Last edited:

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
Cafee, where r u from?
I'm from VN and I only need to successfully complete year 11 in my country to get to SIBT (cert IV)
If u complete year 12 before transfering here, u don't need to take cert IV.

blackrider89

HSC
Cafee, where r u from?
I'm from VN and I only need to successfully complete year 11 in my country to get to SIBT (cert IV)
If u complete year 12 before transfering here, u don't need to take cert IV.
Oh my fellow(wo)man lol :angel:.

J374.

HSC
N/A
Hey, I was in a similar situation to you and I decided to forgo completing year 12 and now I'm currently at SIBT studying a Certificate IV University Foundation Studies streamed in Commerce. So firstly you must complete a Cert IV then complete a diploma which will allow you to transfer into the 2nd year of your desired degree provided you have the required GPA.

cafeex3

HSC
N/A
Hey, I was in a similar situation to you and I decided to forgo completing year 12 and now I'm currently at SIBT studying a Certificate IV University Foundation Studies streamed in Commerce. So firstly you must complete a Cert IV then complete a diploma which will allow you to transfer into the 2nd year of your desired degree provided you have the required GPA.
Thats exactly what i want to do, I plan to start in october :)
Do alot of people do this.. like drop out after year 11 (au) and decide to do a foundation course instead?

J374.

HSC
N/A
Thats exactly what i want to do, I plan to start in october :)
Do alot of people do this.. like drop out after year 11 (au) and decide to do a foundation course instead?

Hey not many people there's about 4 people who dropped out after year 11, but when I initially spoke to a person at SIBT who took care of enrolments she said alot of people were interested by unfortunately couldn't enrol due to the cost of the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)