sick, and assignment due (1 Viewer)

eye candii

HSC
N/A
I have an assignment due tomorrow, but i wont be able to finish it by then because i have the biggest headache and fever!

do i get any penalty for not handing it in, even if i have a doctor's certificate?
my friend told me i get 10% off my assessment mark
is that true?!!?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hmm, I've never have been in this situation, but according to unit outlines:
The university has specific criteria, requirement (eg supporting documentation) and set deadlines for applying for 'special consideration' and students are strongly encouraged to read the relevant sections of the assessment and examination policy.

you should email your unit co-ordinator tonight, and inform them that your sick with a medical certificate, so you won't be able to hand in the assessment tomorrow.

As long as you have certification you will not loose any marks.

Jacks

HSC
I agree with cape's idea to e-mail the unit co-ordinator or tutor to inform them of your situation. You will probably have to fill out one of those special consideration forms ASAP after the due date. You can find a copy online in the form section of the UWS website, or pick one up from the student centre. You will of course have to have supporting documentation, but so long as you have a medical certificate to prove you were sick then you shouldn't lose marks. Just e-mail and check though to be on the safe side, but I think filling out one of those forms will get you off the hook...sometimes stuff like this happens...they should be understanding if you follow the proper precedures and get it done as soon as you are able. I hope you feel better soon though :)

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
dont stress about it! my tutor gave me a week long extention on my assignment without ANY documentation...just tak to your tutor and explain your situation and see what they say

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
lol i dont believe u.. fever and typin away on net.. kk lol
just like how i was sick when my assesments were due too!! funny how we all seem to get sick JUST when our assesments are due ahaha

btw u have 2 days to lodge your special consideration form.. u need to have the special consideration form signed and filled out by your doc.. i sugest seeing ur doctor the next morning or the same day as hte assignment.. and try look sick.. on the sheet it asks something along hte lines of.. how did you asses the student.. it says tick ONE..the options are this..
student explained symtpoms.. i examined the student..

eye candii

HSC
N/A
actually i only came on the the computer to do my assignment
i have cable so its the net with or without logging in

and i only came on the site to ask UWS people

eye candii

HSC
N/A
and i've actually been sick for a week and a bit
thanks for ur concern

toodles!

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
hey np.. im not the people at uws who is gona mark your special consideration form.. and its not liek they are gona track you down lol.. anywyas good luck with it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)