sigur ros' new album is 'leaked' (1 Viewer)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Ah Sigur Rós, how I doth love your ethereal sound and "swedish" musings. More I say, more.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
EbonyTW said:
Ah Sigur Rós, how I doth love you ethereal sound and swedish musings. More I say, more.
Now, you're probably one of the cooler bitches on this forum, but fuck woman, ICELAND.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
Now, you're probably one of the cooler bitches on this forum, but fuck woman, ICELAND.

It's a Nordic country, they're practically all the same... Anyway it's a North Germanic language so it sounds incredibly similar to the swedes.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
i have a 128kbps rip, it sounds pretty okay though.

i heard someone on another forum remark how much the first song 'gobbledigook' sounds like animal collective...and yeh it could fit pretty well on sung tongs.

i haven't been able to listen to the whole thing though, damn my lack of attention span...that first song is really great though!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
EbonyTW said:
It's a Nordic country, they're practically all the same... Anyway it's a North Germanic language so it sounds incredibly similar to the swedes.
Iceland is a unique and beautiful country. ;(

The language has barely changed in 600 years, and is thus fairly similar to Old Norse. It's quite awesome to learn.

That said, half of his songs aren't Icelandic, they're some made up language of his.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Sometimes I wish he sang in English but then I figured it'd probably sound awful if he did haha. Love the album, only listened once so far but I already like!

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
em_516 said:
Sometimes I wish he sang in English but then I figured it'd probably sound awful if he did haha. Love the album, only listened once so far but I already like!
yeah when I found out the lyrics to Hoppipola I tried singing over the top in english. Didn't work out, and I swear it's not because of my voice haha .. who would've thought this was a verse:

Hopping into puddles
Completely drenched
Soaked
With no boots on

Can't wait to listen to ze album, gig should be awesome

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
Iceland is a unique and beautiful country. ;(

The language has barely changed in 600 years, and is thus fairly similar to Old Norse. It's quite awesome to learn.

That said, half of his songs aren't Icelandic, they're some made up language of his.

I'll pay that.

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, writing your own language is completely unpretentious

i fucking hate you sigur ros

HSC
They didn't actually create an entire language, he just sings improv nonsense which sounds sort of like Icelandic. It's pretty easy to do, especially since English speakers can barely tell either way so it doesn't sound stupid.

walrusbear

HSC
i'm not getting into this album much at all
anyone else think the band are tired?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)