Silly Mistakes (1 Viewer)

Archman

HSC
N/A
technically, 1 and -1 are still common factors, its just that they play no significance for the purpose of the question, so they are not mentioned. I mean the convention is, when two integers have no common factors, it means that they don't have any that isnt 1 or -1.
another convention is when dealing with common factors (usually), we are only talking about positive ones.

Last edited:

mojako

HSC
oh ok.
btw.. just telling and not trying to argue,
2001 HSC uses "having no common divisors other than +1 and -1"

Abtari

HSC
Practice makes perfect

Jack_11 said:
Does anyone know a way to get rid of them? Without them, I would be a lot better at maths. Even though I might come out of a test being able to answer every question, I can never get 100% because of these silly mistakes. So silly, I could write a '1' for a '2' or '+' instead of '-' And it's not one or two...I get do an average of 10 of these errors. Any help would be much appreciated.

I too have always had problems with silly mistakes in the past and still do.

I have now come to realise that there is no shortcut to anything in life...It's tough but you'll just have to practice more and more and more... and don't lose your concentration as you practice more and more... you must be completely focussed while doing your work and not listening to music or talking...etc

Hope this helps

mojako

HSC
oh BTW, I have another tip.
Never ever stay up late before a maths exam, whether it be for study or other things.

EDIT: I think my tip should be: don't do too much work before the exam, and that includes the morning before exam.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
Yeah, even though i'm a cramoholic, I have to say sleep probably outdoes cramming in getting the right frame of mind. Cramming is an admission you don't know the stuff as well as you'd like; sleeping is an optimistic way of dealing with it. :cool:

Abtari

HSC
THat's quite true

Yeah! The night before any major exam is a crucial one, especially something like Maths which is so routined and where mistakes are so common.

SO PLENTY OF PREPARATION BEFOREHAND AND PLENTY OF REST MIGHT HELP!!!

Archman

HSC
N/A
i usually sleep and cram on the bus to school. It's working well so far.

:D I cant get enough of cramohol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)