simple complex numbers question (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aricho

HSC
N/A
hey,
i've had 3 ext2 maths lessons and i'm stuck already....this is prob a really easy question and i cant get it!!! soooo annoying

here it is (theres actually 2 but if i know how to get the first i shuld get the 2nd)

solve the following equations for z; express answers in the from a + ib:

(1+i)z = 2+i

thanks

aricho

HSC
N/A
ohhhh yes thanks so much......it was a stupid mistake

thanks again

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
p3n15 thats a shit reason man, thats a really easy question its only a matter of learning how to do it, im sure if you perservered you coulda aced it, ;D edited, i was just stressed cus the HSC exams on monday and all you guys are talking about is like year 11 crap, even though your 'technically' year 12.

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
robmeister said:
p3n15 thats a shit reason man, thats like a shit easy question, all u gotta do is realise it, its a shit reason, and mechanics doesnt have much to do with physics, so therefore the real reason u didnt do it is cus ur dumb, its easy just takes the time and effort.
Gee, no need to insult his intellectual abilities here.

f3nr15, it's totally your choice what subjects to pick. No one would *have* to like complex numbers :D

Mumma

HSC
This is a very simply question ... try to stick to a problem and solve it before asking here, it helps alot more when you realize how to solve something yourself.

jmromeo

HSC
N/A
the solution is simple, thanks God!

(1+i)z=2+i

z= (2+i)/(1+i)

z= [(2+i)(1 - i)]/[(1+i)(1-i)] ...multiplying by the conjugate of (1+i)

z= (2*1 - 2*i - i*1 - i*i)/(1^2 - i^2)

z= (2 - 2i - i + 1)/(1 + 1)

z= (3 - 3i)/2

z= 3/2 - 3i/2

Raginsheep

HSC
f3nr15 said:
Another reason why I didn't choose Extension 2, even though the Mechanics component may be related to Physics.
Does it really matter that you don't like complex numbers? I might not love accounting but Im still doing a commerce degree.

Whats your gripe with it anyways?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
robmeister said:
p3n15 thats a shit reason man, thats a really easy question its only a matter of learning how to do it, im sure if you perservered you coulda aced it, ;D edited, i was just stressed cus the HSC exams on monday and all you guys are talking about is like year 11 crap, even though your 'technically' year 12.
Learn how to spell my username correctly, for starters. You must support your opinion with actual evidence, it's like explaining rocket science to some random girl at a nightclub, and everyone's intellectual and academic ability is different, so STFU.

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
f3nr15 said:
Learn how to spell my username correctly, for starters. You must support your opinion with actual evidence, it's like explaining rocket science to some random girl at a nightclub, and everyone's intellectual and academic ability is different, so STFU.
its not a matter of learning how to spell your name correctly. and as my dad says, dont whinge or ill get the cain out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)