Singing in Music 2?? (1 Viewer)

isabelle101

HSC
If you do music 2 for yrs11-12, you have to do sight-singing or some sort of singing in the aural parts??

I'm really NOT a singer (probably tone deaf too...) so what should i do???? :(

What sort of compulsory singing is part of the music 2 course?

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
yes sight-singing is 5 marks, and compulsory.

basically after (or before) your performance exam, the examiners will give ou about 2 lines of music, a tonic chord and the starting note. then you get 2 minutes to vocalise whatever you want, practise a bit. then they'll give you the chord and note again and you sight-sing it out for them.

they're not looking for a brilliant voice, they just want to hear the right notes, so it doesnt matter if your voice isnt brilliant :)

rainee

HSC
yes sight-singing is 5 marks, and compulsory.

basically after (or before) your performance exam, the examiners will give ou about 2 lines of music, a tonic chord and the starting note. then you get 2 minutes to vocalise whatever you want, practise a bit. then they'll give you the chord and note again and you sight-sing it out for them.

they're not looking for a brilliant voice, they just want to hear the right notes, so it doesnt matter if your voice isnt brilliant :)
Wait, so, they give you the music and then you get two minutes to read over it and practice before they mark you on anything? So it's not sight-singing in the strictest sense... ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)