single eyelids vs double eyelids (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey just wondering if u find people with double eyelids better looking? oh and plz specify if u r asian :)

also, if u do have single eyelids, would u get double if the costs are covered?

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
serenetwilight said:
hey just wondering if u find people with double eyelids better looking? oh and plz specify if u r asian :)

also, if u do have single eyelids, would u get double if the costs are covered?
Double eye lid? I don't get it.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
oo that was on oprah, an asian girl had surgury to look more caucasian, meh i dont mind either way.

bawd

HSC
Jeez, there is surgery to get double eyelids now? I mean, boob jobs and face lifts are already going too far. People are getting ever so unsatisifed with their appearances these days. I blame the increasing levels of consumerism, and the media.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I'm Asian, I have double eyelids but on one eye it's less pronounced than the other. Maybe I haven't looked enough (lol) but I find mainland Chinese are the ones with single eyelids. Most other types of Chinese (so Hong Ki, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Taiwanese etc) have double eyelids.

Hebe Tian

HSC
N/A
u can get special glue to create a double eye lid

although it can have bad effects such as stretching ur eye lid

bawd

HSC
Hebe Tian said:
u can get special glue to create a double eye lid

although it can have bad effects such as stretching ur eye lid
Corporations who take advantage of people with a lack of self-esteem = Facepalm.

People who actually buy the stuff corporations put onto the market = Double Facepalm

Reminds me of how Dove Unilever created 'Fair & Lovely' (target market is South-Asian countries such as India) which makes you 'fair' by basically inhibiting the skin's natural production of melanin. It you look at Dove's 'True Colours' Campaign for Real Beauty and wonder if it's all an act for a good reputation in the public eye.

Here's a 'Fair and Lovely' ad on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCsnS4aJ-cY
(It's in Bangali (I think) but you get the idea, and the woman who is too 'dark' obvious has a fake tan. She's on the verge of orange. :mad1: )

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
bawd said:
Corporations who take advantage of people with a lack of self-esteem = Facepalm.

People who actually buy the stuff corporations put onto the market = Double Facepalm

Reminds me of how Dove Unilever created 'Fair & Lovely' (target market is South-Asian countries such as India) which makes you 'fair' by basically inhibiting the skin's natural production of melanin. It you look at Dove's 'True Colours' Campaign for Real Beauty and wonder if it's all an act for a good reputation in the public eye.

Here's a 'Fair and Lovely' ad on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCsnS4aJ-cY
(It's in Bangali (I think) but you get the idea, and the woman who is too 'dark' obvious has a fake tan. She's on the verge of orange. :mad1: )
That commercial is in Arabic, and that is very typical Arab advertising. It centres around the idea that if you purchase some beuty product you'll end up hooking up with a hot guy/girl and being famous. Really sad if you ask me.

bawd

HSC
RogueAcademic said:
You're a generation behind if you think it's only happening 'now'.
I knew there was very weird surgeries for body alterations and what not, but to think that there was surgery to get something as futile as 'double' eyelids? People are destroying their own ethnic traits in order to form part of this band of 'perfect' westernised and globalised troop of clones. :mad1:

Last edited:

Hebe Tian

HSC
N/A
bawd said:

oh god

so burn your bra and don't shave your pits about it

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Hebe Tian said:
oh god

so burn your bra and don't shave your pits about it
And that's exactly the kind of reaction that explains why kids today do the kind of shallow superficial things they do.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
im asian and i dont think i'd get surgery coz im content with how my eyes look

i dont have an obvious double eyelid but sometimes i wake up with a crease, its weird lol:p

why? are u unhappy with your eyes?

white ferret

HSC
im chinese... but i have double eyelids.. on one eye, i have one and a half creases.. =S.

i guess it's easier putting on eyeliner.. coz u know where to stop. =)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
omg.

who gives a flying fuck about your eyes.

This is a very creepy surgery procedure, it's like imagine a white girl wanting to have Asian eyes? creepy.

just be happy of yourself, if you don't like it, kill your parents. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)