Sleep!! (1 Viewer)

cjs4898157

korean member
HSC
How much hours of sleep do you get?
I usually stay up until 2/3 for no real purpose.. just killing time on fb and cyworld.. fark I should stop procrastinating..
anyway so how much hours of sleep and between wat time??

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
umm goto sleep around 12-1am and get up at 7.30

i procrastinate so much in the afternoon that i end up doing my homework when i should be sleeping. if i actually had nothing to do i would go to bed at 10pm but that will never happen

AS.

HSC
12:30 - 1:30 bed every night. 6:30 wake up. yah get used to it after a while, and i compensate in the holidays anyways by waking up after 1 in the arvo. But yeah, will be changing my sleep and study patterns before end of this term so i don't burn out:burn: by HSC.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Somewhere between 12:30 to 3am every night. Wake up at 7ish I suppose.
But then I sleep from like, 9am - 3pm at school, so yeah.

LordPc

HSC
Doubt it lol. We can just catch it up during stuvac.
I doubt your "doubt it" lol

anyway, i think studies have shown that you can catch up on sleep 1 night afterwards and be fine. but like short sleeps during the week and catchup sleep on the weekend doesnt work

so your sleep deprivation and its friends like concentration loss and poorer memory may come back during stuvac, but by then, its too late, classes are over.

so let me know how it turns out

seriously, bed at 12 is the least you could so

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I doubt your "doubt it" lol

anyway, i think studies have shown that you can catch up on sleep 1 night afterwards and be fine. but like short sleeps during the week and catchup sleep on the weekend doesnt work

so your sleep deprivation and its friends like concentration loss and poorer memory may come back during stuvac, but by then, its too late, classes are over.

so let me know how it turns out

seriously, bed at 12 is the least you could so
With mild sleep deprivation, naps during the week and catchup sleep on the weekend do work. Some guy who didn't sleep for 11 days regained normal brain function after a few nights of sleep - I think most people will be able to go without an hour or two of sleep each day during the school week, even for extended periods of time. I managed the whole of last year with maximum of 5 to 6 hours of sleep every night and did well at school.

This leads me onto the next point: while sleep deprivation does cause some concentration loss and perhaps weaker memory, there is little more than a general link between these two components and specific knowledge of the degree to which it affects someone is rather diluted. From personal experience, mild sleep depression only slightly decreases concentration and memory levels, yet even after saying this, it can't solely be attributed to sleep deprivation. There are so many factors at play here.

This goes without saying that everybody is different - some guys need atleast 8 hours of sleep, whereas others can function well on much less. Oh and thanks for your unneeded concern, I'll be sure to notify you of how I go in the HSC afterwards.

yummy-cookies

HSC
hehe...i go to bed at 10:30 ish and get up at 7:30. I need a lot of sleep :)

does anyone here pull allnighters before exams?

eggy91

HSC
I go to sleep around 11:30 and wake up at 6:30, but still always feel tired.

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
I cant study after 9.30
I'm more of a morning/afternoon worker.

So I go to bed at about 10.30 and wake up at 6

So about 7-8 hours sleep,

I honestly envy those who can stay up until 2 and 3 am and actually do prosuctive study.

ascentyx

HSC
Since i'm out of school i pretty much go to bed 5am or so (staying up watching anime or playing computer games), then i sleep in to about 2-3 of whatever. I really need to change my sleep patterns before uni starts rofl.

Rainie

HSC
Bed at 1am - 2am. Wake up at 7am. Attempting not to nod off sleeping in classes. So far its working with the caffeine I load myself ith every morning :eek:

Stoogey

HSC
Sleep usually at 12-1ish and wake up every day at exactly 7:24am (my alarm is set to that), yeh.....im a lazy arse, i need at least 5-6 minutes to sort of regain consciousness and roll around in bed making for abit before i get out of bed at 7:30....on the dot :)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
normally sleep around midnight, sometimes if assesments are due the next day then i'll only sleep until i finish it, some cases going for the all nighter with coffee...
wake up at 7am to catch a bus at 8:30am, I take my time to get ready...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)