killyridols

HSC
LOL LOL LOL LOL
this thread so azn!
my mummy tells me this all the time.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
OGM don't you guyz no anythin????? if you sleep with damp hair a rapist will cum and shave off your pubez

true story! happened to someone i dont know

groovychacha

HSC
stazi said:
OGM don't you guyz no anythin????? if you sleep with damp hair a rapist will cum and shave off your pubez

true story! happened to someone i dont know
LOL!

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
not if i shave mine off first. then he'll never get them.

or she, that would be a bonus.

amaezing19

HSC
N/A
That's actually true. It may not necessarily be a headache that you get, but if you sleep with wet hair - you are colder and more prone to catching a cold.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i don't think it causes anything more serious then a bad hair day, why would you want to anyway, it makes your pillow wet, and makes you cold.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I sleep with damp hair sometimes and when i wake up in the morning it goes all frizzy.

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
amaezing19 said:
That's actually true. It may not necessarily be a headache that you get, but if you sleep with wet hair - you are colder and more prone to catching a cold.
no, you catch a cold because your body's immunity is lower

colds are more common in winter because there is less circulation of air as windows are closed

boris

Banned
HSC
lol yes colds are caused because you are actually cold, which is why australia has incidiences of common colds that are just as high as scandinavian countries you stupid cunts

Lori.

HSC
this is the stupidest thread ever. The hydrogen bonds in your hair get broken...????????? what the fuck

sunsettah

HSC
I've heard that when your hair is wet, it is 7 times more likely to break.
As for the hydrogen bonding theory... Hydrogen bonds in hair?
I didn't think there was hydrogen bonds in hair.. Although I'm not really sure on the chemical composition of said hair haha.
Hydrogen bonds in water... well... The reason water droplets will stick to a window is because the hydrogen from the H2O wants to bond with the O on the window... So maybe the H in the water is wanting to bond with the oxygen on your hair - hence the sticking and soaking up.
And blah blah I don't know. Google it if you're that worried :)

As for me... I already had a shower at about lunch time today...
So I will wash my hair in the morning before school and let it dry curly!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
sunsettah said:
Hydrogen bonds in water... well... The reason water droplets will stick to a window is because the hydrogen from the H2O wants to bond with the O on the window... So maybe the H in the water is wanting to bond with the oxygen on your hair - hence the sticking and soaking up.
I thought that was due to friction and surface tension, but hey, what do I know.

sunsettah

HSC
Water is known for being coherent. This means that if you drip water on a table, water droplets will 'stick' to one another rather than being spread out. This is due to the hydrogen bonding between molecules.

Then like... with the hair... I was just thinking of something my Chem teacher told me once... about hydrogen bonding (a 'H' molecule wanting to bond with an O, F or N molecule) and how another reason it can stick to things better is because of one of the 'H' possibly switching bonds to the O molecule on the window.

I didn't want to get into a big confusing brag-fest about the details... was just trying to help out a little bit...

Surface tension and stuff is all inclusive in what I was meant to be saying =/

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
yeah, no its due to surface tension. dont argue lol you only just started yr12. Kwayera is doing a marine science degree.

Lori.

HSC
yeah and not that i havent just finished my second semester of chem...god hsc students think theyre so smart!

sunsettah

HSC
I love how it's my arrogance, not my chem teacher spinning crap to me...

All I did was quote what I was told... Most people would politely correct someone and try to help them out...

But that wouldn't be as fun as increasing your ego I suppose...

boris

Banned
HSC
sunsettah said:
I love how it's my arrogance, not my chem teacher spinning crap to me...

All I did was quote what I was told... Most people would politely correct someone and try to help them out...

But that wouldn't be as fun as increasing your ego I suppose...
Welcome to the real world (Bored of studies)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)