Slightly shifty Q about transferring (1 Viewer)

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Hi guys, I want to transfer to a course which I have the sufficient ENTER score for, but my uni grades are very lacking. I was wondering if I can somehow sneak past the transferring process by applying as a year 12 graduate who deferred for 2 years after high school? I dont even care if i get my course credits because it's a completely different course (commerce to engineering).

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
im sure many people will tell u this, but if your lacking in commerce you will have difficulty with engineering also. Usually people go the other way engineering --> commerce.

tmavg

HSC
nah i dont think so
theyre kind of focusing on different things
because engineering is more physics based

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Different people have different skills, talents and interest. Going to engineering from commerce could be the best thing that he can do. It's a different ball game.

And yes, you should be able to apply just with your Yr12 grades without any mention of time already spent at university.

doink

Clone
HSC
if you have already done 1 year FTE of study then you can't not use your uni marks and when you apply to UAC they will be able to get all your information, if you lie then you are committing fraud and your enrollment can be removed at any given time if you are caught.

Luckily for you engineering has fairly low cut-offs and if you got into commerce you would have had to have done EXTENSIVELY bad in all your subjects for your NSRL to be low enough not to get into at least flexible entry engineering.

If you did do that bad then you should not do engineering anyway.

piitb

HSC
u risk getting discovered midway thru your degree and being booted out. though unlikely, because once accpeted that ends the process, however u r risking it. imagine if u were found out 3 years into your degree?

and the workload in engineering is about double that in commerce.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
piitb said:
u risk getting discovered midway thru your degree and being booted out. though unlikely, because once accpeted that ends the process, however u r risking it. imagine if u were found out 3 years into your degree?

and the workload in engineering is about double that in commerce.
Why would he be 'discovered' midway through his degree, and not at the application stage?

I don't think the OP has a chance, purely because most universities cap deferrals to 12 months maximum. Bit naive to think you'd be able to 'sneak' around something in the process though, speaking from experience with working in uni administration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)