Smashing Pumkins (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i grew up listening to the smashing pumpkins.
they are way old.
and billy corgan has realsed a solo album.
the first song he has realsed from it is alright.

HSC
He took out an ad in the paper saying he'd like to, but it happened to be timed around the same time as his solo album launch so it was met with criticism.

Personally, I heard a fair bit of them back in the day, but never really liked them that much. That said, over the years they've sort of grown on me and I'd like to see them get back together, (charitably) assuming that it's genuine and not a stunt to sell the solo album (Which is incidentally quite good anyway, at least in my opinion).

slip

HSC
they were an awesome band, melancholy and the infinite sadness is a great album, love pretty much every song on it.

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
ariande said:
As did I. I love the pumpkins
same here, i'm seeing billy tonight at the enmore.

i never saw the pumpkins live though, which is a pity cause they would have rocked.

siamese dream is my fav album. hummer being my fav song :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
they were great. my friend lent their cd to me back in primary school and i wasn't really into them at first, but they grew on me. the same friend's seeing billy corgan tonight :(

edit: lol apparantly he chucked a hissy fit and walked off stage coz people were demanding more pumpkins songs... i have yet to talk to my friend

Last edited:

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
Yeah, they're mad... I like 'tonight tonight', 'perfect', 'reflection' and another song i can't remember the name to.... damn!

I love their appearance on the simpsons... Classic

Billy: Hi, i'm Billy corgan, smashing pumpkins
Homer: homer simpson, smiling politely

HSC
N/A
i think a lot of people grew up with the pumpkins (myself included). i don't really trust anyone who still listens to them

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
They rock.

I've been a fan for years and was a little pissed when Billy formed Zwan. What the hell happened to those guys.

Fave S.P song is Adore followed by Bullet with Butterfly Wings. They were icons back in the day. yeah I heard about the reformation too - didn't believe it though.

Which do you guys like better- Billy WITH hair or Billy WITHOUT hair. Personally, without looks much better for him.

fezzzz

HSC
best band ever from my point of view. love mayonaise, disarm, 1979, daydream, well pretty much all their songs but my fav. at the moment is 'laugh' (demo). would be awsom if they reformed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)