Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and Bone Thugz (1 Viewer)

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
dude thinks technical terms can be applied to something as philosophical as art....

his bases for his argument is not even plausible.

everything he says because of this lacks substance. The base is not there, his arguments fall flat.

--------

don't worry guys, most people are like this in year 12. You'll get out into the real world and your mind will open eventually :)
My arguement falls flat when you are sticking to the same arguement, which keeps and keeps on failing.

No technical terms in musical art hey?
So Pitch, Duration, Texture, Structure, Tone Colour and Expressive techniques have nothing to do with music?
I win. Goodbye

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Zrap said:
Boxes Mclovin all go to the same school, there in the same computer room hahaha
ahahahahahahaha, yes, me and mclovin are in this together!! you've all been duped!!

kidding. i'm at home by myself. i don't even know mclovin.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
McLovin said:
My arguement falls flat when you are sticking to the same arguement, which keeps and keeps on failing.

So Pitch, Duration, Texture, Structure, Tone Colour and Expressive techniques have nothing to do with music?
I win. Goodbye
lol yeah you win at life hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha and then you woke up

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
McLovin said:

I win. Goodbye
did you ask the person next to you about that?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
lol boxes, way to get brownie points with your HSC brethren :)

HAY ICRAIG THANKS FOR STANDING UP FOR ME MAN BECAYUSE OF THAT AND ONLY BECAUSE OF THAT YOU ARE AWESOME AND INTELLIGENT AND REALLY INSIGHTFLUL!!!!!1 people that agree with me are so s.m.r.t

uhhh, trolls are everywhere on forums dude, it's not a pivotal point in your life to troll someone is it?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:

I win. Goodbye

they have nothing to do with ART

ART

ART

ART ART ART ART ART

key word: ART

art is meaning, art is emotion, art is feeling. art at the very fucking basis of it would see these technical rubbish as superfluous.

good luck in your hsc. don't take a philosophy course, you'll fail.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
lol boxes, way to get brownie points with your HSC brethren :)

HAY ICRAIG THANKS FOR STANDING UP FOR ME MAN BECAYUSE OF THAT AND ONLY BECAUSE OF THAT YOU ARE AWESOME AND INTELLIGENT AND REALLY INSIGHTFLUL!!!!!1 people that agree with me are so s.m.r.t

uhhh, trolls are everywhere on forums dude, it's not a pivotal point in your life to troll someone is it?
i wasnt really insightful. i was backing up your point of view. lol.

ps: and only beause of that?

McLovin

HSC
icraig88 said:
did you ask the person next to you about that?
No I didn't. It is just basic knowledge of music. Hope it helps your understanding though.

McLovin

HSC
Zrap said:
lol yeah you win at life hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha and then you woke up
What a good call, I have never heard anyone use that before. Use insults that have not been used in primary school for gods sake.

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
they have nothing to do with ART

ART

ART

ART ART ART ART ART

key word: ART

art is meaning, art is emotion, art is feeling. art at the very fucking basis of it would see these technical rubbish as superfluous.

good luck in your hsc. don't take a philosophy course, you'll fail.
Expressive techniques is the way the art is created idiot! How can you have musical art without pitch, duration, texture , tone colour etc?!

Philosophy has little to do with music, it is practical art and is different to poetry. So the basic point is music depends on these 'technical' terms in order to function.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Zrap said:
I think the school bell went
You're moking (haha see what i did there Hiphophooray?) me because I choose to be at school attending classes? On a BORED OF STUDIES forum, you're actually teasing me because I'm at SCHOOL? Take a moment to consider the irony of that.

I assume your at University. So what, you don't attend lectures, classes or tutorials? I don't reply because I am actively learning, and you look down on me. Still, it's a nice way to point out the hypocrisy of your other arguments, that I am 'ignorant'. You think that by attempting to ridicule someone who is debating against you, you undermine their argument. It just makes you sound like an idiot.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
McLovin said:
No I didn't. It is just basic knowledge of music. Hope it helps your understanding though.
very much so, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:
What is moking?

a typo, well done at being pedantic though *thumbs up* simple spelling mistake attacks on forums got old a while ago.

McLovin said:
Expressive techniques is the way the art is created idiot! How can you have musical art without pitch, duration, texture , tone colour etc?!

Philosophy has little to do with music, it is practical art and is different to poetry. So the basic point is music depends on these 'technical' terms in order to function.
ok we'll start with a dictionary definition of music, not your wanky arbitrary standards of 'what REAL music is'

primary def: 1. an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

now, what you are trying to get at is the encoding process, but if you want to make comments on 'it isnt real music' 'it isnt art' you're talking about the preception of it, you are talking about the decoding process, a world where your tech terms do not matter so much.

I think you should also note that pitch applies to the human voice, which differs ALOT in rap music.

philosophy has little to do with music? music is an art.

A is B. philosophy has alot to do with music and 'whether or not it is art'

it conveys emotions, depicts stories etc = IT IS ART

IT IS MUSIC

think outside of the stupid little box you obviously think inside of. Or get a new box. At least something because your box must be the size of a fucking standard rubix cube.

now go home and watch that youtube video of a member of a HIP HOP band play hendrix and dylan and his guitar and SHUT THE FUCK UP

Js^-1 said:
assume your at University. So what, you don't attend lectures, classes or tutorials? I don't reply because I am actively learning, and you look down on me. Still, it's a nice way to point out the hypocrisy of your other arguments, that I am 'ignorant'. You think that by attempting to ridicule someone who is debating against you, you undermine their argument. It just makes you sound like an idiot.
maybe i don't have anything on thursdays???

are you at high school 24/7 now?

Yes I look down on you, I've been through that 'thats not real music' phase that you are going through, i now realise how stupid i was then, just like you are now.

so run along little kid.

Last edited:

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Haha, yes my issue is not with what the artist is trying to say in his song, for all intents and purposes, I couldn't give a crap. The way it is encoded is the important thing. You can say that anything is art, and by applying sound to it, pretend its music. Just because its noise, doesn't mean its music.

Of course I'm not at school 24/7, but even I am mature enough not to judge someone as inadequate just because of their age. Stop judging people by what it says in their profile and grow up. I'm allowed to have my opinion that rap is a terrible form or verbalised and abused poetry. What are you going to do? Impose your will on me and MAKE me like shit music? Rap may be art, but that doesn't mean its any good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)