So Am I Meant To Get sh*t Marks For Maths (1 Viewer)

D3Si

HSC
so i had 2 assesment tasks for general maths so far and the first one i just passed and second one which was my half yearly i failed by 10 marks:mad1: yeah yeah i know i should have passed that test.
anyways in our year only 7 people passed and the rest of the students failed and so far my grade and assesment mark isn't lookin very good. is my dream of gettin into a uni already over :confused: coz there is only like 2 more assesment tasks left for general maths before the final exam. i am better than average in maths and if i had studied well i could have passed and i can really improve my marks and can get into 70s and 80s if i study.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Well if everyone in your year went badly as well, how was your assessment rank? Because that's all that matters, not the actual grade your get!

Study well for the rest of your assessments and the HSC and you're dream certainly isn't over :p

yosemite sam

HSC
your ranking isnt all that matters, but it certainly plays a part...if you can get in the 70-80 bracket then you should be trying to, because if only 7 people passed then it would be fair to say you would be at least top 3, which is also good for your hsc/uai. general maths scales down, but because it is general, generally speaking (i wish i could stop saying general) people dont get as higher marks in it because they arent of a higher level of capability or because they are like you (and me) and assume that theyll pass on natural ability, dont study, and then fuck up. put some more work in and your dream of uni will be far from over

D3Si

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
Well if everyone in your year went badly as well, how was your assessment rank? Because that's all that matters, not the actual grade your get!

Study well for the rest of your assessments and the HSC and you're dream certainly isn't over :p
not sure as d teacher didnt tell us yet but i assume i came probably in the first 15 out of about 40 people.

HSC
Make sure you get into the top ten at least and then then if you improve a fair bit in the actual exam then you will be fine.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah you have to do really well in general maths
aim for top 5 maybe
still got a fair way to go so all is not lost

HSC
lolz....general maths

no it doesnt mean you are not getting into uni
well it depends on how many units you are doing...

atreus

HSC
it depends on how harsh your teacher is marking everyone. lets say that everyone failed in terms of assesment marks, but u all had marks ranging between 20 and 49. in the hsc, u all do really well, rangning from 60 to 89. well, your assesment marks would be moved heaps up, because obviously, your whole class was being marked harshly by your teacher. in fact, i think your assessment marks would probably be scaled to only a couple of marks lower than your exam marks, depending on whow u all did overall.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
atreus said:
it depends on how harsh your teacher is marking everyone. lets say that everyone failed in terms of assesment marks, but u all had marks ranging between 20 and 49. in the hsc, u all do really well, rangning from 60 to 89. well, your assesment marks would be moved heaps up, because obviously, your whole class was being marked harshly by your teacher. in fact, i think your assessment marks would probably be scaled to only a couple of marks lower than your exam marks, depending on whow u all did overall.
Moderation at work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)