SO I NEED TO ASK FOR ADVICE (1 Viewer)

denny94

HSC
I gotta friend who went through depression since something happened in his family. He was an average student but whilst he was in depression he let go of school and didnt care about it about more. He got 5/41 for 3 unit and 5/20 for advanced english. His prob coming last, he usually scores in the 70's but he didnt study a tiny bit for last exam. I reckon his late however do you guys reckon if he does well in the next 2 exams including trials he could bring his rank up a bit or his too far behind. THanks guys

rogerlam

HSC
just worry about yourself, i had people in my school who didnt have depression and they just didnt do work

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I gotta friend who went through depression since something happened in his family. He was an average student but whilst he was in depression he let go of school and didnt care about it about more. He got 5/41 for 3 unit and 5/20 for advanced english. His prob coming last, he usually scores in the 70's but he didnt study a tiny bit for last exam. I reckon his late however do you guys reckon if he does well in the next 2 exams including trials he could bring his rank up a bit or his too far behind. THanks guys
It is not too late! As you most likely know, the Trials are weighted the most heavily and doing well in them would most certainly bring up his mark. Furthermore, there is also the External HSC Examination. My main concern is that suppose now he were to go full steam ahead back to normal, he would have too much to catch up on and potentially score poorly again not because he did not put in the effort, but because there was just too much content to cover in so little time.

Does he have any aspirations? Any long-term goals? If so, please share them here (assuming he doesn't mind) because we can't exactly give proper advice without having a goal!

denny94

HSC
his aim was engineering which was 90 but some thing happened in his family and he went downhill and didnt give jack about school. I did alot of convincing, now his back on his feet going library to study everyday so his going full steam now so ye. Ye i told him there is alot to catch up but hey wat can he do besides tackling the content head on i guess

denny94

HSC
i mean his not a lazy as student he got 30/40 for first maths assessment and 14/20 for english so ye i just worry that his time he stuffed up his ranks to hard to get back up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)