so i'm doing shit in adv. eng this year... still hope to do better in the hsc? (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
so far my marks have ranged between 73%-80%, i'm ranked 15/45 and i can't remember what we were ranked last year, but in 2008 we were like 55ish i think? what type of mark do you think i'd be getting in the externals? i really need like mid band 5 at the very least... i don't really know what to expect

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, well my internal marks were very similar and my rank was ~25/63 (plus or minus 2). In the externals I got 76, which was the same as my overall HSC mark.

I'm thinking you would probably need to go quite well in both your trial and external but every year it changes so it's really just a vague indication.

I'm not sure how school rank affects your mark and to what extent, however my school was around 620 the year of our HSC (lololol).

overRun

HSC
U'll get it easily! I was ranked 87/95 people in my school. My school was also ranked 300 something and i got 77. So if your ranked 15/45 and in a 55ish school then i recon ull easily get high band 5 or even a 6 depeding on how u do in your final exam.

speedofsound

HSC
what year are you in atm?
12 lol, prob should have rephrased the title to be a bit clearer - meaning "hsc" as in the externals

Hmm, well my internal marks were very similar and my rank was ~25/63 (plus or minus 2). In the externals I got 76, which was the same as my overall HSC mark.

I'm thinking you would probably need to go quite well in both your trial and external but every year it changes so it's really just a vague indication.

I'm not sure how school rank affects your mark and to what extent, however my school was around 620 the year of our HSC (lololol).
i think school ranking is just meant to be an indication of how good your cohort is, like say for example, 1st in a school ranked like 200 would be near the bottom of a cohort in a school ranked top 10?

U'll get it easily! I was ranked 87/95 people in my school. My school was also ranked 300 something and i got 77. So if your ranked 15/45 and in a 55ish school then i recon ull easily get high band 5 or even a 6 depeding on how u do in your final exam.
thanks, i really hope so :)

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah yes, well in that case you are likely looking at mid band 5 or higher, good luck in externals and trials :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)