So is naybody doing any subjects for the HSC which they screwed up in the Preliminary (1 Viewer)

allira92

HSC
Re: So is naybody doing any subjects for the HSC which they screwed up in the Prelimi

Maths, i got exactly 50% on the yearly... although i was proud for getting exactly 50% lol

s2bbycarO_

HSC
Re: So is naybody doing any subjects for the HSC which they screwed up in the Prelimi

I didn't do as well as I hoped, but I'm still keeping all my subjects and going to work my a.ss off for the next 12months.

MissGiggles

HSC

i am still going to do chemistry even though i have been hovering at 50% because it's an improvement from 30% at the start of the year and my teacher insists that there are plenty of students who came from schools who do bugger all chemistry and then caught up after struggling through preliminary. he also insists my marks aren't fatal. the year average on the last test was only 53.5% so i was actually in the middle.

i'll tell you all tomorrow if ext. 2 english is worth going to school at quarter to eight in the morning.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC

How about all my subjects?

I really didn't try in anything, I basically lived off the idea that 'if it doesn't count toward anything, don't bother trying'.

Now that everything counts, I'm cramming like hell already!

leungz

HSC

i screwed up big time in:
Mathematics- 36%
i need a bloody tutor
all other prelims were in the high 60s to low 90s

im still keeping mathematics even though im doing shit

english advanced: :monkey:85%
Mathematics:mad: :chainsaw::chainsaw:38%

Ancient History :skip:80%

Modern History 92%:dog:
Economics 60%:karate:

Business Studies 82%:hat:

Extension English 65%:(

- Alex -

HSC

Harhar, i epically failed my prelim chem but still doing it in year 12 whereas i did alright in physics but considering dropping it after seeing the content in the year 12 textbook lol :S

kiniki

HSC

yah, i got 21% in my yearly chem exam, something like 49% in my half yearly and 100% in the assessments before that so you can see my gradual deterioration :) the assessments were just like, reports but (english skills fuck yes) so they don't count
but i'm keeping it on because I need it for uni, plus it's an interesting subject... if I review and cement all my prelim knowledge do I have any hope of atleast getting above 70 in the hsc?
I'm feeling heaps more light-hearted after reading all your posts!

Nadiaa

HSC

i screwed up big time in:
Mathematics- 36%
i need a bloody tutor
all other prelims were in the high 60s to low 90s

im still keeping mathematics even though im doing shit

english advanced: :monkey:85%
Mathematics:mad: :chainsaw::chainsaw:38%

Ancient History :skip:80%

Modern History 92%:dog:
Economics 60%:karate:

Business Studies 82%:hat:

Extension English 65%:(
ohh good im not the only one keeping mathematics even though im doing so shit in it. u got no idea how reliefed i feel. i was considering in droppng down to general, my teacher reckons i gotta work harder and stay.
what do u guys think? lol

Deer

Premium Member
HSC

ohh good im not the only one keeping mathematics even though im doing so shit in it. u got no idea how reliefed i feel. i was considering in droppng down to general, my teacher reckons i gotta work harder and stay.
what do u guys think? lol
I'd drop to general if I were you.

My maths half yearly mark was 89, then I got 38% in my last assessment (as I knew I was dropping and hence didn't show up to class or study...), which brought my total mark down to 66, haha.

Dropping was seriously the best decision I've ever made XD

But if I didn't, I would have def dropped to general. Why struggle in 2U when you can breeze through general and get a band 6 with ease? Everyone says the scaling is shit, but it doesn't matter if you do well, which you can. It's better to get a B6 in Gen than a band 4/5 in 2U.

gella

HSC

yeah ipt
49% in prelims
but its piss easy so i may as well keep it

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

I did shit all in prelim and raped everything except chemistry. Prelim was liquid shit.

h3ll h0und

HSC

bio >.>

Nadiaa

HSC

I'd drop to general if I were you.

My maths half yearly mark was 89, then I got 38% in my last assessment (as I knew I was dropping and hence didn't show up to class or study...), which brought my total mark down to 66, haha.

Dropping was seriously the best decision I've ever made XD

But if I didn't, I would have def dropped to general. Why struggle in 2U when you can breeze through general and get a band 6 with ease? Everyone says the scaling is shit, but it doesn't matter if you do well, which you can. It's better to get a B6 in Gen than a band 4/5 in 2U.
but is it really better the get band 6 in general rather than 4 or 5 in 2u
i heard quiet the opposite.
loll

cherii2007

HSC

english advanced. :|

for mathematics i could have done a hell of a lot better, but there were people who failed so whatever.

business studies was a bit disappointing, but i crammed for it.

all throughout my yearly exams i had the mindset: "Meh. It's just year 11. When we get our reports we'll be in year 12 already...who cares?", so i barely studied. for anything.

HSC

yeah 48% in bio in prelims.
did it for the hsc and i came 4th :)

i kept it because i knew i was going to enjoy the hsc course.
and so happy i did :)

kyokaku92

HSC

:shoot:Goodbye 3U maths
Just scraped a pass in chem so have to work harder in it

swathard

HSC

Yay just like me im glad im not the only one
I did quite well in my subjects, so I'm happy with that. Don't know about how I'm going to do this year though - I have 12 units, and hope that I don't stuff up anything, even though I do have a buffer. Chances are I will eventually drop something, because Business/Legal/Eco may become too much to handle with all that information I need to know!

For those who did screw a subject in the prelim but have kept it for the HSC... from what I've heard, there isn't a great deal of overlap in subjects between Prelim and HSC courses, and so you may still excel in the HSC course if you stuffed up the Prelim.

EDIT: Like Possessionless did! =]

Jaylee42003

HSC

Nope I've left school after prelim and I'm doing my HSC at TAFE next Feb so I can pick up new subjects i.e. drop the subjects I did not enjoy ;p so :D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

How you do in Prelim is no indication of how you do in Yr 12.
+1

But doing well in year 11 does make doing well in year 12 easier XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)