So upset.. (1 Viewer)

Leap

free falling
HSC
I got my mark for my reflection statement back today, the stupid woman gave me 12 out of 20. 12?!!?

I can't believe it, I put so much effort into the reflection statement, seriously...most effort I've put into anything all year, and I included ALL the things the teacher said we had to include, and I used sophisticated language etc, and I got a 12. With no explanation as to why the mark was so low. I hate this teacher, she doesn't even teach at our school, because our old teacher had to leave for a while so she's some sort of marker from some other school and she's a bitch, she hasn't been here the whole way through to see the progression of work or anything.

I cryed all the way home...what a day - two english trials, (both of which I screwed up royally) and then a 12 out of 20 to top it off...I was getting odd looks on the train 'cause I was sitting there bawling my eyes out.
sigh.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
sounds like a pretty fucking harsh mark to me.. did she say specifically what was wrong with it at ALL? ANY helpful comments? if she said nothing then go back and see her again.

god you sound really stressed out - have a cup of tea or eat something you really love and have a break from thinking for a while

feel better soon.

Leap

free falling
HSC
did she say specifically what was wrong with it at ALL? ANY helpful comments? if she said nothing then go back and see her again.
No she didn't write a comment or anything. I can't go back and talk to her because she's not actually at my school, and won't be coming back for a few weeks, but I do have her email address...though I really don't feel like emailing her, and I think I might just drop the course between now and the next time I see her, so that I don't have to put up with this shit any more.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
drop it do close to the end? r u almost finshed? u can't put in so much work and drop it with only a few weeks 2 go!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Don't drop it!!! Remember it's the Board of Studies marking your major work, not that bitch!!! Anyway, your reflection statement shouldn't be counting towards your internal assessment.... there's only supposed to b the report, viva and proposal.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i think they meant the Report...

but yes.. really, do NOT drop it.. this lady sounds like an incompetent bitch anyway so just fucking ignore it.. you can still get an amazing mark!

Leap

free falling
HSC
your reflection statement shouldn't be counting towards your internal assessment.... there's only supposed to b the report, viva and proposal.
In this case the 'report' consisted of the journal and the reflection statement - so yeah it does count for internal marks :mad1:

It seems stupid to drop it this close to the end, but I'm only about 45% finished the major work, and now my internal mark is fucked up anyway, cause I guarentee you my viva mark will be terrible as well.

I'm just at the end of my tether with this stupid course...:(

Mike85

Hey!
Don't drop it because of your internal mark, they don't count anyway! It's only your rank that matters, the internal mark is modified...... Don't let the bitch get to you, because believe me, it will only be you that loses in the end. You've gone this far, we're almost there. Stick with it, you'll be fine. I've come up against some pretty horrid teachers as well, but you can't let them win.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah i was in the same boat a few weeks ago... i only got 14.5 for my viva voce, because i got marked down for not having done enough of my major work, even though i still managed to talk above the required time. i was so pissed off... but what can you do?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
leap ..the thing u gotta remember is...its english ext 2...not Arabic Continuers..( http://www.boredofstudies.org/scaling.php)...pluz lyk Mike85 said..its the ranking..not the scaling that coutns.....think abt dropping it after a few days.. when you cool off....if you make ani decisions now..u might regret them..

snakeoils....man thatz harsh...they shouldnt make u on ur major work when they are marking ur viva.....datz just bias

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Originally posted by snakeoils
yeah i was in the same boat a few weeks ago... i only got 14.5 for my viva voce, because i got marked down for not having done enough of my major work, even though i still managed to talk above the required time. i was so pissed off... but what can you do?
i had exactly that problem.. i got 15/20 cause i hadnt written enough.
i was pretty pissed off because id put so much effort into it and my teacher kept saying 'you havent handed me a draft yet'. ive been perfecting as a go along! not writing a really long-winded bad piece of writing and then perfecting it..

Leap, try and stick at it for a bit longer. I'm having trouble cause i havent really finished it yet and i got an annoying teacher too.. but you've come so far!! *hugs*

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
My heart totally goes out to you. If you are offered no explanation as to why you got this mark, can you actually challenge it?

Why don't you post your reflection statement on here so that we can analyse for you?

elfgal

i think it is possible to request an impartial remark if you don't think the mark was justified. and you're definitely entitled to an explanation for why you were given a 12.
is there anyone else you can show it to for feedback? like the head teacher english or some such person?

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
I like the idea of posting it here. There's nothing better than the scrutiny of your peers. I'll post mine if you people post yours (just to be fair).
HAHAHA, how childish is that, I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Leanne

HSC
hey.. i got 14/20 for my report.. and all i apparently did wrong was not repeat myself enough as the questions asked... i thought it was be fine to go into depth about it one part rather than repeat it.....and tighten up my language. But 14/20?? i didn't even do anything wrong! and it was worth 40%!!!

i hope the reflection statement comes easier

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
I haven't got my Report back yet (hoping i'll get it back b4 i have to send off the Reflection Statement actually) but I don't think I'll get a very good mark. I'm generally around 3rd (out of the 4 people in our ext 2 class).

Don't think I'd want to post it up for all to 'scrutinise' though.. :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hehe I think its funny that Ive done the least work of any of the four in my class yet have topped the assessments and will get the award for it...........not really very fair when you think about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)