So... What does your time table look like for Semester 1 2006 (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If it says something like

"Lecture 0900-1000 OR Lecture 1700-1800" then you pick which one you would prefer to go to, and just rock upto it.

If its labs, tutes, etc, then pretty much the same, you pick which one will fit into your timetable best and register for it (once the registration system opens)

To make it a bit easier for you, what I do, when I make my timetables, I do it in a spreadsheet, putting in the lectures first, then play around with your tutes and labs.

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
thanks. so where it says eg tue 9:00-10:00 physio group 1 and 10:00-11:00 physio group 2 it dosent matter which group i choose for the labs/tuts etc. its not assigned or anything?

do you do a weekly spreadsheet? becasuse its all different... why can't anything run the same for the whole semester? :(

thanks again jess

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
You're doing physio, aren't you? I'm not sure about you guys, I know us OT's get allocated into groups, but I have a feeling the physios have to pick their own. And, no, it wouldn't matter which you picked (they just need to separate you down, coz doing labs in groups of 60 or whatever isn't all that effective!!)

As for the spreadsheet, either do one for each week, or just do one and have, say

"Wed 1200-1300: Lecture HA158 -wk 1,3,5,7, Lab HA02-wk 2,4,6"

etc. I know its a pain in the butt, stupid SOHS peoples :mad1: :mad1:

Gummy_bear

HSC
I know what course im going to be doing (b education (early childhood)) is there any way i can work out what my timetable would be like? That would be cool.

Id be at ourimbah campus. I have accepted the offer, im so jolly :D

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Gummy_bear said:
I know what course im going to be doing (b education (early childhood)) is there any way i can work out what my timetable would be like? That would be cool.
Make your timetable from the following:

EDST1000 - http://webapps.newcastle.edu.au/timetables/class_times/results.cfm?crses=EDST1000&yr=2006
EDST1010 - http://webapps.newcastle.edu.au/timetables/class_times/results.cfm?crses=EDST1010&yr=2006
EDST1400 - http://webapps.newcastle.edu.au/timetables/class_times/results.cfm?crses=EDST1400&yr=2006
EDST1410 - http://webapps.newcastle.edu.au/timetables/class_times/results.cfm?crses=EDST1410&yr=2006

jenni_k

HSC
hey, im just doing up my time table now (bit freaky but think im doing alright so far), and in regards to the "groups" for computer labs, can i pick whateva one fits in with my time table. im doin PE teaching. can any1 help, cos itll stuff me up 4 sure if i cant go at a certain time.

thx... oh and im only doing 16hrs of class time a week, is that normal (im totally uni clueless if u cant already tell)

rific

HSC
Yep, pick the comp lab that suits you best, if you do end up with a clash, you may still be able to swap with someone when the classes start, or you can always talk to your tutors, they should try and help you out, but you should be able to get a class that suits you.

16 hours is plenty for an education degree, I've certainly never done more than that each week, and I've done extra classes at times.

Gummy_bear

HSC
Could someone explain what the tables mean and how im supposed to work out a timetable from them?

Its been so long since ive tried to work something out, my brain jsut aint working. Im going to have to drag out my old maths books and just do some equations or something before uni starts so i can remember how to learn :p

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
lol! i know what you mean gummy_bear...i think i will take up sudoku to get my brain working again...i wonder when we can register for tutorials

Last edited:

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
tutes will open 1st or second week usually, however some courses will open before uni starts.

the course timetables are based on logicals

Lecture1 AND Tute1 OR Tute2

means Lecture1 is compulsory, and you can go to either Tute1 or Tute2 depending on which one you register for. You lecturers will explain all this in their fiirst lecture, if not ask a question. Dont be afraid to ask a question because there will be others wondering without the courage to ask.

You will not have a tute/studio/group/workshop/lab before your first lecture for that subject

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Have a look on the tutorial rego site, some of them open on Monday (30th Jan)... education ones....

The School of Education likes to think it's getting organised by doing it like that... makes up for all their stuff ups later in the semester..

jenni_k does the comp lab run for the whole semester or is it just a once off? I think in one of the courses (EDUC1005 - if my memory is correct) there's one tutorial in a computer lab, so they can 'teach' you how to use studentmail and blackboard, skillbuilder etc etc all that junk... but it's only a once off.. not all semester....

i think that was really confuzzling.. apologies.. i started drinking early today :p

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I am so confused. My head hurts from frowning.
I find the website so hard to navigate...but i found the timetables and all, and i downloaded the guide to enrollment (is there any way i can get a hard copy of this?).

Basically, i have no idea what to do, where i go to do it, what i have to choose and enrol for, do i have to do everything. So so so confused :(

EDIT: maybe it would help if i showed you what i found so far relating to me :p
timetable (i think its mine lol) - http://webapps.newcastle.edu.au/tim...ts.cfm?school=672&subid=NUDI&campus=CALLAGHAN
Program info.
http://ccdb.newcastle.edu.au/courseinfo/displayprogram.cfm?docid=380&FOS=9&UGPG=13
Im confused (already established) as to why there are things here in my first year that are meant to be in my second third and fourth years yet hardly any of my first year courses are on there. wtf. If someone could explain, then please pm me if its easier than posting here. thanks

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
you need to enrol for everything that's listed in your first year courses..so hubs1403, nudi1200, nudi1210, pubh1080, hubs1404, nudi1230, nudi1220 and soca1200..enrol here: https://connect.newcastle.edu.au/enrol/index.cfm

to work out your timetable, click on each and work out which ones are in each semester..and then from there work tutes/labs/whatevers around lectures..i like to use excel to keep things neat and easy to read

i don't understand what you mean when you say that your first year courses are meant to be in your 2nd and etc. years? it all looks pretty clear to me :S

edit: you can't actually register for tutes yet, so if that was what you meant when you said 'enrol', no big deal yet

Last edited:

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
louri

enrol in these

Year 1

HUBS1403 Biomedical Science Part 1

NUDI1200 Nutrition 1

NUDI1210 Introductory Dietetics

PUBH1080 Studies in Population Health & Health Promotion

HUBS1404 Biomedical Science Part 2

NUDI1230 Introductory Food Chemistry

NUDI1220 Food Science 1

SOCA1200 Health Sociology 1

Exactly as the course outline says. All are 1000 level and supposed to be done in 1st year.

As for the timetable search it has just returned all courses with the NUDI code.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
em_516 said:
i don't understand what you mean when you say that your first year courses are meant to be in your 2nd and etc. years? it all looks pretty clear to me :S
thanks for that. What i meant by that was when i did the search for my timetable i think i ended up searching everything for NUDI some of which did not apply to me lol. I didnt enter any of my courses in the search - this could explain things.

Thanks guys for the replies. I will work it out eventually :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I finally got around to reenrolling today after getting an email saying that I was "required to enrol for 2006 as soon as possible, but no later than 23 January 2006":p. It took me ages to try and find four subjects that I could do this semester and I ended up having to do some that I really didn't want to do:sleep:. It did feel good getting to tick the yes box for: "On completion of these courses for your Bachelor of Finance program in Semester 2 - 2006 do you expect to graduate?" though:uhhuh:. Anyway, after having a quick look my timetable looks pretty bad at the moment:

Monday:

ECON3060: International Business and Finance Tutorial 15:00 - 16:00
ECON3470: International Business Environment Tutorial 16:00 - 17:00
ECON3470: International Business Environment Lecture 17:00 - 19:00

Wednesday:

ECON3060: International Business and Finance Lecture 13:00 - 15:00

Thursday:

ACFI3130: Investments Tutorial 16:00 - 17:00
ACFI3130: Investments Lecture 17:00 - 19:00

Friday:

ACFI2010: Corporate Accounting Lecture 13:00 - 15:00
ACFI2010: Corporate Accounting Tutorial 16:00 - 17:00

I can't believe my thirteen hours contact time is spread out over four days:angry:!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Tuesday
Geog2130- Geographies of Development Lecture- 11am-1pm
Poli2130- Principles of Public Policy Lecture- 5pm-7pm (hope it's not boring)

Wednesday
Poli2130- Principles of Public Policy Tutorial- 1pm-2pm
Geog2130- Geographies of Development- 3pm-4pm

Thursday
Poli2020- Foundation of Modern Politics Tutorial- 11-12
Poli2020- Foundation of Modern Politics Lecture- 1pm-3pm

Friday
Envs2010- Environmental Legislation and Planning Lecture- 9am-11am
Envs2010- Environmental Legislation and Planning Tutorial- 12-1

Gummy_bear

HSC
So..another dumb question, these timetables are all for one week right?
I mean to say, they dont have 'week 1' and 'week 2' like high school? Just need to know so i can sort my time table out properly :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)