So Who here is and/or trying to lose weight? (1 Viewer)

Weight Loss

• Yes i'm a girl

Votes: 37 46.3%
  • Yes i'm a guy

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • No i'm a girl

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • No i'm a guy

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • and it's working

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • and it's not working

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • i did and it worked

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • never tried too

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Who is and who isn't?

I am and its working, since the beginning of the year I have lost a total of 25kg,

Original Weight = 132kg
Current Weight = 107kg
Total Weight Loss = 25kg

I feel better and am much happier in myself.

P.S. for those who want to know how, eating healthy and exercise and keeping track of it all with this FREE, yes FREE website

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/loginpage.asp?whereFrom=mysparkstart.asp

love it and very useful.

and to anyone that is good luck
and to anyone that has congratulations

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
oh congrats babes that's awesome :)

i just want a lose a few kilos, but also just tone up generally.

but it's bad. i've just become obsessed with kfc :(

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Good effort.

I'll probably join a gym and try loose some weight after the hsc as i have been eating way to much 'comfort food' aka. Mcdonalds & KFC.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lols comfort food, nah i was just to lazy for ages after an "incident" and never did anything lols so i went back to enjoying sports and exercise.

p.s. i hat maccas lols, i know, i can't even stand the smell of it.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
wow, very very similar stats!
haha congrats. I lost my weight last year, but have kept it off ever since.

Original weight = 84kgs
Current Weight = 59-60kgs.
Total Weight Loss = 25kgs.
Duration: 5 Months.
Also lost 18% of body fat and over 200cms.

Weight-loss is all about self-discipline and learning how to delay gratification. The reason people fail is because they fail in building any sort of momentum. The first couple of days, are the most difficult because they have no idea if what they're doing will work or have enough confidence that they can lose weight, hence think its all bullshit and quit pretty easily. However once you get that 1st kilo off, you'll get excited, start becoming more health conscious and more importantly learn how to develop good eating and lifestyle habits. This, a clear focus and persistency will help you achieve your goals. Although, If you don't learn how to develop good habits, you will never reach your ideal weight, nor be able to successfully keep your weight off, after losing it.

Hagaren said:
Good effort.

I'll probably join a gym and try loose some weight after the hsc as i have been eating way to much 'comfort food' aka. Mcdonalds & KFC.
Ha, . You should see the amount of sign ups at places such as fitness first at the start of the year, after people make their new years resolution. Then one month later, all those people are gone and it's back like it was in December lol.

Last edited:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
nice work,
i dont know how hardd it is to lose weight, but it doesn't seeem too easy.

Nat3skiz

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
nice work,
i dont know how hardd it is to lose weight, but it doesn't seeem too easy.
eh its easy, stick to a routine.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
housah0lic said:
oh congrats babes that's awesome :)

i just want a lose a few kilos, but also just tone up generally.
Yeah.. mee too

Original weight: 58kg
Current: 56kg
Goal: 52kg

-tal-

HSC
Trying to get rid of the flabs. Probably need to shed 5kg.

coffeebean

HSC
hey,

i'm trying to lose weight. about 6 kilos and i'll be happy.

at the moment, just through diet changes and the gym. the diet part is the insanely hard part of it all. i notice that when i eat really well for a few days, i start to eat a lot of crap afterward.

ah well, its all a work in progress.

but congrats on losing all the weight! well done, and glad to hear that you're feeling much healthier because of it. :)

miss lozzy

HSC
Mmm the HSC is not good for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Since i've been under all this stress i've put on quite a lot of weight.

Weight loss and food is so psychological... how your feeling, what your relationships are like, how much time you think you have, how you proritize: add a high dosage of stress, a looming set of potentially life-changing exams and a dollop of exhaustion to a half-empty glass and let it fester for a few months: a heady recipe for deteriorating health....

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Never really tried...parents pretty much decide what I eat, so the diet bit is ok.

As for exercise...I spend my days sitting in a comfy chair in front of my laptop, thus the average arms (typing, grabbing things, navigation via arms + wheelie chair) and flabby legs (lack of walking) :uhoh:

My only exercise is school sport :p

So lazy :(

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I don't think losing MASS (yes, I love Physics) is advisable whilst you are still growing, as it can stunt your growth if it isn't done properly. I read on SMH recently that something like 30% (IIRC) of teenagers are unnormally underweight, and this figure keeps increasing.

Of course, there are ways to do it without harming your body, and of course the first thing is eating healthy food and regular (not excessive) exercise. But if you start skipping meals, eating less, and then proceed on doing hours of weights every night, then there will be issues.

Oh, if you want to lose weight, go to the moon or something (alright, I'll stop with my Physics jokes).

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
jm01 said:
I read on SMH recently that something like 30% (IIRC) of teenagers are unnormally underweight, and this figure keeps increasing.
quote]

THis doesn't sound right. The numbers of OVERWEIGHT teens are growing.

My class this year was disgusting. I was supposed to finish the HSC in 2007, but went on exchange for a year, and my class went from normal weight to this year's class all being like 20kg over, lol. Don't know what the hell happened.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
jm01 said:
I read on SMH recently that something like 30% (IIRC) of teenagers are unnormally underweight, and this figure keeps increasing.
quote]

THis doesn't sound right. The numbers of OVERWEIGHT teens are growing.

My class this year was disgusting. I was supposed to finish the HSC in 2007, but went on exchange for a year, and my class went from normal weight to this year's class all being like 20kg over, lol. Don't know what the hell happened.
oh wow.
haha

i'm not really overweight;
165cm (5"7 ish) and i'm 68kg.

According to my friends, i have a pretty solid frame.. and some ab flab. lol. *shrugs*

i'm gonan start working out when 3 month holiday comes. ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)