So...who here still hasn't come up with a first draft? (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
Hey.

I've done around 6000 words.

Don't worry too much. Last year, everybody handed in drafts AFTER these holidays and all of them got top bands at my school.

^^

snowconesyum

HSC
yep. i'm sitting at 2800 words. PITIFUL!!!!
BUT i'm thinking i'll pull two all nighters and in two days it will be FINISHED

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
16,000 and counting

*head desk* WHY did I choose Multimedia? I have to go over each word and make sure it adds quality to this work... and then the animations...

*sinks into hole*

Lumbargo

HSC
I have 7200 words of pure shit, mainly because I wrote it all at different times and the narrative doesn't flow at all. The whole thing is a lost aesop, and I'm thinking of just gutting the entire thing and making it ridiculous metafiction that will get major post-modern marks. Because TRUE ART IS INCOMPREHENSIBLE, folks.

dumpling child

HSC
wow weeee atm i've got about 4 pages haha how SAADDD only 2000 words >< and even with that, my ideas are all over the place...2morrow is school and i PLANNED for this critical to be done...
how ambitious was i?

Hysterik

HSC
Yay for us people who still haven't got a first draft. We're not all perfect. I actually work better when I do a mad dash at the end. Case in point, got 9/10 for a proposal I wrote at 4 am the morning it was due! YAY.

Zephyrio

HSC
Everyone, please start finishing up your compositions before your trials.

I don't want anyone to crumble...

Zephyrio

HSC
You still haven't handed in history extension? *speechless*...

lol but it should be okay. We're talking about EE2 here. How's that going for you?

tahls--

HSC
Question - is the reflection statement included in the word count for our major work?
As in, I have 8070 words now right, and have managed to cut it down from like 9500, but that's not including my reflection statement...
So is the 1500 words for the reflection statement a separate thing or included in our final word count?!

My teacher has no idea..

Zephyrio

HSC
Reflection is separate from the major work.

I'm pretty sure, but double check anyway.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Hysterik said:
Yay for us people who still haven't got a first draft. We're not all perfect. I actually work better when I do a mad dash at the end. Case in point, got 9/10 for a proposal I wrote at 4 am the morning it was due! YAY.
Haha, same with me. Cept just walking into class-essays without a plan.

Jellymuncher

HSC
tahls-- said:
Question - is the reflection statement included in the word count for our major work?
As in, I have 8070 words now right, and have managed to cut it down from like 9500, but that's not including my reflection statement...
So is the 1500 words for the reflection statement a separate thing or included in our final word count?!

My teacher has no idea..

yoho.
whether or not the reflection statement is included in the total word count depends on the form of your major work. Short stories and films, for example have seperate word counts of between 1000 and 1500 words, whereas critical analyses have the 1000-1500 reflection statement included in the total 6000 word count.

yeppppppppp.
look at yo syllabus mo'fucker.

tahls--

HSC
Jellymuncher said:
yoho.
whether or not the reflection statement is included in the total word count depends on the form of your major work. Short stories and films, for example have seperate word counts of between 1000 and 1500 words, whereas critical analyses have the 1000-1500 reflection statement included in the total 6000 word count.

yeppppppppp.
look at yo syllabus mo'fucker.
Yeah I managed to find out.
Seeing as my teacher took about forever to give me a proper syllabus where it said it.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
I HAVEN'T GOT A FIRST DRAFT YET HOLY CRAP i am so fckd.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
nah i gotz a draft. it's just shitty that's all.
but modern today was ok!
i can finish it of in 3 weeks since i've basically got the reflection statement done.
^_________________^

Zephyrio

HSC
Keep getting your work refined, etc. You'll be sweet! Don't worry!

morning storm

HSC
couple of guys at my school still have thousands and thousands of words to write.

that said, the majority of us are looking fairly finished. good luck i guess.

Rachonium

HSC
that must be a heaps dodgy teacher who doesnt know if the reflection statement is included or not. im pretty much finished my story. dont know if its any good tho. believe it or not its the reflection statement thats killing me. hope it all works out for everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)