So who thinks they are screwed for HSC? (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
well as a good indication i severely fucked up my maths during the course of the year and only through a 6 week stuvac study blitz was i able to get a decent score for maths (2 unit standard) but still my internal screwed me hard, but at least not as severe with the 87 maths hsc exam, but it rounded down to a 70 overall..sub 55 internal :\

HSC
So far I am suprising myself, but bloody General Maths is going to hurt me hard.

I am sitting on 87 for Business Stud. (ranked about 9th out of 63 :D) and my Adv English is also good - I choose too many "Mickey Mouse" subjects (e.g. Geography, IPT) so they may hurt my UAI abit. :(

I got half yearlies after the holidays (first two weeks back) - wish me luck !! :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
well as a good indication i severely fucked up my maths during the course of the year and only through a 6 week stuvac study blitz was i able to get a decent score for maths (2 unit standard) but still my internal screwed me hard, but at least not as severe with the 87 maths hsc exam, but it rounded down to a 70 overall..sub 55 internal :\
so your hsc mark was 87
but because your school mark was 55, you got 70?
im just confused heh

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
so your hsc mark was 87
but because your school mark was 55, you got 70?
im just confused heh
I think AsyLum meant he/she got 87 for the HSC exam mark, 55 for the assessment mark and therefore 70 for the HSC mark (the average of the exam and assessment).

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by Heinz
I think AsyLum meant he/she got 87 for the HSC exam mark, 55 for the assessment mark and therefore 70 for the HSC mark (the average of the exam and assessment).
okay thanks, thats what i thought

Lundy

Banned
HSC
You're not screwed until you've actually screwed it up.

Think about it.

nike33

u should aim for 100 and even if you fail it probably would be a better mark (more successful) than if you say...ah im only gonna aim for 98..

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmm i dont want to have a target UAI, if i screw it up then blehs i'll kick myself so i rather have no expectation and not be hurt.
LOL yeah im one of those sad cased fence sitters!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i wouldt flat out aim for 100...i would prefer to aim for something realistic :)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Aim to beat the best guy in each class, that way when you study you ask yourself the question "have I done enough to beat theis person?" And the answer is obviously no you just keep studying. It works for me anyway.

juggernaut

HSC
meh
ive been on holidays for a week now
done 0
got half yearlies 1st day back
only 2 weeks left now
:(

sophiebear

exactley...MEH, i have also been on hols and bludging a bit, just realising that the holidays are running out fast and nowhere near enough time to finish everything, i definatley feel as if i have screwed up my HSC so far...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Ah, a bit of night before cramming works wonders.

Or perhaps not. If there is one thing I would change about my HSC, it would definitely be my attitude weeks before the exams.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
hmm i dont want to have a target UAI, if i screw it up then blehs i'll kick myself so i rather have no expectation and not be hurt.
LOL yeah im one of those sad cased fence sitters!
lol me too. but in aiming for nothing you have to aim for the best you can do. that means you will work.

i aimed for the best i could do, which meant i studied to the best of my ability, did the most work i could and did the best i could in the assessments. and i was never disappointed, and never aiming unrealistically. aiming for 100 is bad for me as i would get disheartened as i could never get 100.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
Aim to beat the best guy in each class, that way when you study you ask yourself the question "have I done enough to beat theis person?" And the answer is obviously no you just keep studying. It works for me anyway.
:uhhuh: This guy speaks the truth :uhhuh:

HSC
i think i may be screwed in chem a little but more so in maths ext but im kickin ass in eng adv, bus studies and jap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)