So who's off to CSU this year??? (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Central or Strathfield.. both about the same distance from home, but Central is nicer ;)

Broken Hill XPL goes Central-Strathfield-Parra-Penrith-Katoomba-Lithgow-Bathurst

Dubbo XPT stops a few extra Sydney stops, and a few extra between Lithgow and Bathurst. Dubbo XPT gets in at around quarter to 11, and Broken Hill gets in at 10, so We went Broken Hill (and the have power outlets, for my iPod :p)

Where do you come from Bex?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
As for bar fridges, are there many places in Bathurst that sell em second hand? I want one, but I'm not gonna lug it from Sydney on the train.

Also, I'm going for 40 weeks, but for the christmas break, and I leave my stuff (like my TV, DVD player, books, bar fridge ect) on campus in lock up somewhere and just take some clothes and my laptop back to Sydney with me?

bex

HSC
ahh well coming from central i guess that makes sense.. i usually go from parramatta station on the one that gets in just before 11.. im never awake early enough for the other one!!
im not sure about 2nd hand.. but there is a few places downtown where you can find them new.. but if youre in diggings shouldnt your room come with one anyway? hmm.. youll have to ask fro bout that one..

in answer to your other question, there isnt anywhere to lock up your stuff over christmas but you could ask a friend downtown to help you out or else do a couple of trips on the train..

Fro

HSC
trains are so boring - you ned someone there with you or you stuffed - i remember my mp3 player fucked up on me in the first 10 minutes - i think i ended up doing my COM118 readings - yes thats how bored i was!
You get fridges in diggings so no need for that - fan is a MUST though - specially for the first month.
as for storage - definatley a must to make friends with someone downtown - or even go to a storage place - 2 of my mates and i went in on a 3x3 storage block thing - reasonable pricing and we have heaps of room...
so yeah - something to think about...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Mum'll probably come down with me, the first trip anyway. so thats 6 bags I can take, I should be fine, aye? If it comes down to it, I need to come back in April for a few days, so I'll take some things back with me if I need to. And thanks for the storage, I'll take tht option, I think! I'm not gonna take a TV and DVD player between Bathurst and Sydney more than I need to ;) All Im worried about now is money..work, centrelink and all that.

bex

HSC
youre not going home till april!?!? thats crazy talk!!! i go home usually every couple of weeks.. its important to take breaks from bathurst because its very easy to get bored down there and basically seeing the same people 24/7 and talking bout the same boys, food and clothes you end up going stir crazy!!!

bex

HSC
oh! there is a centrelink office on campus for the first few weeks to help you with that

Fro

HSC
i only really go home when i need to - thats maybe once a month - if that
do you really get that bored bex? i reckon its ok if youve got cool people around you - we were pretty active last year too - with sports and shit on the weekends - and going on road trips...
Rabbit - did you say 6 bags? 2 bags does it for me - i grab my winter clothes on one of my monthly trips home... thats the way to go
i so wish i was getting centrlink - im gunna have to work my way into getting it this year - im not declared independant you see - they have a problem with that!
damn government!

T1ger1i11y

HSC
hey all! just got back from a weekend down in bathurst...went on a tour and if anyone has been there and is worried you have no need to be...although there was noone there the place has potential..and looks like a heap of fun! i was impressed! the rooms...not like home but im definatley opting fro towers...small rooms but looks great for a really social atmosphere but basically i dont think you can go wrong staying anywhere down there! if anyone wants any info on what i saw just ask... this is my first year 2 but im excited!

bex

HSC
yay! good to hear you enjoyed yourself! and fro i dont get bored so much as i get stir crazy... we didnt do much on weekends apart from the odd trip.. including a very memorable trip to scone races and another to a cattle sale.. maybe weekend sport is the way to go?

dougthelegend

HSC
bex said:
yay! good to hear you enjoyed yourself! and fro i dont get bored so much as i get stir crazy... we didnt do much on weekends apart from the odd trip.. including a very memorable trip to scone races and another to a cattle sale.. maybe weekend sport is the way to go?
trips to the races sound like fun - i love to have a flutter on the horses every now and again. I'd also be very interested in playing Cricket again, ive been off the scene since i moved from Gunnedah, so i'td be good to get back into the swing of things again.

And with the AFL - its a lot harder to get into the Bathurst AFL team now than it was a while ago. The two bathurst teams merged - so there are now like 100+ registered players for bathurst competing for spots (i know because i played for Mudgee last year - we lost every game - although we almost beat Cowra and Bathurst at home - oh and we only went down by 9 points to Orange over two games - d'oh!)

megsy86

HSC
What 'bout Wagga?

I know u guys are talking 'bout Bathurst but can any1 tell me about Wagga campus ie. what 2 bring on O week, what i'll need to bring for a room, what aren't u allowed 2 bring, and i've heard its cold so is an electric blanket an option? etc? plus does it get that hot that i'd need a fan? I am thinking about self catered but i haven't got my login/password in da mail yet. Thanx.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I wouldn't mind playing weekend sport again... I play netball and Union, whats that like in Bathurst? I haven't played in a few years so im a bit rusty..

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Meg -- Talk to Brad, he's a Wagga Wagga boy, he'll be able to answer your questions. I think they might even have a thread just for Wagga too, mate. :)

kylie_robbo

I currently live in Wagga (leaving in about 10 days! w00t!)

You will DEFINATELY need a fan - even if the rooms are air conditioned - a fan is a must.

Ooo! And make sure you pay student services fees asap - then you can use the pool (and drag along 5 people who either don't go to uni or haven't gotten around to paying their fees).

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
to bring to wagga- same as bathurst, it doesnt get that cold trust me, fan definately, lectie bankie- no (unless u r a wuss). tv, dvd xbox with long link cable so u can reach my room so i can screaw u on every game u own. pc unbless u enjoy walking 1km to the pc labs. loads of powerboards ( i had 4 (18 outlets))

they never cheak student cards at pool as far as i no.

bex u went to scone races ay, thats just up the road from where i live.

any1 who wants free tickets to bathurst 1000 a have a person who is giving me tix this year for free.

and thats my 2 cents for the day i am so drained

bex

HSC
ah really? scone races was the best fun!! one of my dormies lives in scone so about 10 girls went up and we had a blast! we snuck into the vip tent and drank waaaaaaaaay too much, then we all went bak to the carpark (why i dont know) and went feral.. eh we were so messy that night.. disgraceful behaviour!

the_pplater

PPlater
HSC
crazybrad said:
any1 who wants free tickets to bathurst 1000 a have a person who is giving me tix this year for free.

Thanks, but I have media accreditation.

Fro

HSC
id be up for some free tickets for sure!
though it is easy to sneak in down near the JOV lake - but to be official.... things dreams are made of...
hehe
keep me posted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)