Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Man Utd lost 2-1 to the Kashima Antlers:(. The Antlers are 6 points ahead in the J-League...but thats hardly an excuse. Worryingly Utd missed a multitude of chances- an all too familiar script.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
yeah...its been a bit quiet in this thread lately without people like HeCtic and Diana posting regularly.
Benny said:
I think trials might account for Diana's absence.. but it's the start of session for Hectic. Weird
... said:
hectic doesn't start till next week (go MQ'ers!)

so yeah, he is still drunk
HeCtic hasn't posted because:

-he's still on holidays therefore drunk/stoned/hungover most of the times

-he's very pussywhipped over this girl he's started going out with.

-nothing much happening to get me coming online, ie no football,uni etc.

Also, Ljungberg staying till 2009

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
3rd round UCL draw out

Here are the ones that might interest people.

Artmedia Bratislava (Svk) or Celtic (Sco) v Partizan Belgrade (Ser) or Sheriff (Mol)
Manchester United (Eng) v Debreceni (Hun) or Hajduk Split (Cro)
Everton (Eng) v Villarreal (Spa) -Everton are outta here! :D
Kaunas (Lit) or Liverpool (Eng) v Tirana (Alb) or CSKA Sofia (Bul)
Sporting Lisbon (Por) v Udinese (Ita)
Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukr) v Inter Milan (Ita)
Dinamo Tbilisi (Geo) or Brondby (Den) v Ajax (Hol)
Real Betis (Spa) v Monaco (Fra) Great matchup, should be the match of the round.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Benny_ said:
Here are the ones that might interest people.

Artmedia Bratislava (Svk) or Celtic (Sco) v Partizan Belgrade (Ser) or Sheriff (Mol)
Manchester United (Eng) v Debreceni (Hun) or Hajduk Split (Cro)
Everton (Eng) v Villarreal (Spa) -Everton are outta here! :D
Kaunas (Lit) or Liverpool (Eng) v Tirana (Alb) or CSKA Sofia (Bul)
Sporting Lisbon (Por) v Udinese (Ita)
Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukr) v Inter Milan (Ita)
Dinamo Tbilisi (Geo) or Brondby (Den) v Ajax (Hol)
Real Betis (Spa) v Monaco (Fra) Great matchup, should be the match of the round.
Damn - I'm actually hoping to see Everton go through. I wanna see them in the group stages and I want us to be the one's to end their dreams. :D

Speaking of the Toffees- Cahill refused to sign an extension. I can't for the life of me remember how long his got left on his contract...? 3 years I think?? I might be wrong though.

Anyone heard about the Pool fan who's been imprisoned in Bulgaria for 15years for a crime he didn't commit? After the CL final - A waiter was murdered and a Pool fan was arrested and sentenced the other day. The guy who committed the crime came forward but the Bulgarian government won't do anything about it. I sure hope the British government step in and try to get him out of there. If you commit a crime - take the punishment on the chin but if you haven't done anything.....I can't imagine how distraught his family must be feeling.

Edit: AC - Didn't we play Levski Sofia?? I might be way off though...

Also – What happened to being able to Rep people? Am I the only one who can't do that and can't see the boxes under people's user names?

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
A League - What do you all reckon?

Don't like the Roar one. Sydney & Newcastle are ok. I like NZ's best.

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
Anyone heard about the Pool fan who's been imprisoned in Bulgaria for 15years for a crime he didn't commit? After the CL final - A waiter was murdered and a Pool fan was arrested and sentenced the other day. The guy who committed the crime came forward but the Bulgarian government won't do anything about it. I sure hope the British government step in and try to get him out of there. If you commit a crime - take the punishment on the chin but if you haven't done anything.....I can't imagine how distraught his family must be feeling.

Edit: AC - Didn't we play Levski Sofia?? I might be way off though...

Also – What happened to being able to Rep people? Am I the only one who can't do that and can't see the boxes under people's user names?
Yeah i heard abt that guy, Michael Shields is his name, u gotta feel sorry for him. Carra dedicated his goal against Kaunas to him...But it'll b interestin if Liverpool end up playin in Sofia, wot with this case and all.

@CrazyHorse: I forgot who it was, it actually mite have been a Romanian team?

And yes, Rep is gone

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
The Shawshank Redemption will give him some hope.

T

timbk2

Crazy Horse said:
A League - What do you all reckon?

Don't like the Roar one. Sydney & Newcastle are ok. I like NZ's best.
i dont like Sydney's jersey. Roar would be ok if they didnt have the Blue shorts.

i like NZ, Perth and Adelaide jerseys

no idea how Newcastle got the gold jersey

niall045

HSC
Real get Robinho

Theyve announced theyve got Robinho. and Baptista. Is it just me or are real a massively massive bottomless pit of money. I think theyre tryin to outdo mr abramovich. And it looks like Miquel Owens outta here. I dont know how else you can fit 28,000 strikers. unless you play a 0-0-10 formation. Crazy

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
lol at how dumb real madrid are...let's sell samuel, a defender, and buy robinho and baptista, two strikers to solve everything...last time i checked it was their defence that fucked them up, not their attack...kinda makes u wonder what mr luxembergo and mr florentino perez are planning

A2RAYA

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah Owen might end up at Chelsea, now that'll be pretty cool won't it...? LoL
somehow i doubt it...they reckon crespo and drogba will do the job :rolleyes:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think Drogba will be playing very little now that Crespo's back, seeing as how Crespo's does all the same things Drogba does, only better.

A2RAYA

HSC
yeh that's true...kinda makes you wonder why they paid 24.5 million pounds for him in the first place

and on a completely different topic :D..i like the idea of alan smith being played in a keane style role...i think it'll suit his game more

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Drogba has skill, he's good off the ball and has alot of pace to chase down the long ball. But yeah its gonna be tough for anyone in the Chelsea team to be guaranteed to play 90 mins bar Lampard and Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)