• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeah surprisingly u still see quite a few Spurs fans around - their first piece of decent news in a while :p

Its hard to believe that Spurs have actually won lyk 9(?) FA Cups as well a few Euro cups all those yrs ago, not sure if Santini can bring back those glory yrs, but we'll see........

As for Rafa Benitez, lets hope he brings among others; Ayala, Aimar, Baraja, et al along w/ him to Anfield. :cool:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LOL Ayala, Aimar, Baraja? Just one of those would satisfy me.. but the more the merrier, we could really do with a total overhaul right about now

eyebrowman

HSC
woah england vs iceland
5-1 up, and there's still 20mins to go

btw, i never knew gudjohnsen had 2 brothers?
and they all play international for iceland

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Well it ended up England 6 - 1 Iceland
Goals: Lampard 25, Rooney 27, 38, Vassell 57, 77, Bridge 68.

Btw those aren't Eidur's bros, the other guys name's are spelt 'Gudjonsson' as opposed to Eidur 'Gudjohnsen'.

Also Nederland 0 - 1 Ireland, Dutch lose again...wots wrong w/ the Oranje this time?

^___^
HSC
orange are shit..

well, individually they have some of the best in teh game, but soccer is not about individual, but more as a team(look at madrid :p)

england's 6-1 win is not impressive defence-wise, cos if iceland can score a goal, i can't imagine how many france, italy or other top notch team will score against them :p

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
well, individually they have some of the best in teh game, but soccer is not about individual, but more as a team(look at madrid :p)
*cough* chelsea *cough

Originally posted by ...

england's 6-1 win is not impressive defence-wise, cos if iceland can score a goal, i can't imagine how many france, italy or other top notch team will score against them :p [/B]
???
i really dont understand how that theory works .....

no really :D

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
Too bad they're badly lacking in midfield and defence, cos their strikers look okay for next season.
Didn't Postiga get shipped elsewhere?

Anyway, go Holland! A place where you have individual superstars, and no team :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
how the hell did postiga make the squad for portugal and boa morte miss out?:confused:

lol @ holland.... they just dont learn...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
holland never learn ... boa morte deserved a place more than postiga, based on form last season, i mean boa morte was fulhams best player last season imo ... postiga was well, lost ...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by RUB!X
holland never learn ... boa morte deserved a place more than postiga, based on form last season, i mean boa morte was fulhams best player last season imo ... postiga was well, lost ...
Ask Luis Felipe Scolari... i dont have his number but you could probably look it up on google or something..

Im happy as long as Deco & Rui Costa play

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol...czech republic is so gonna top that group... hell even latvia may make the quatres...

hahaha australia v soloman island was soooo rigged

T

timbk2

now its clear why we didnt deserve an automatic WC spot. Look how much all the other countries have to play and how hard it is to qualify... and australia.. . 4 dodgy games in 1 week and they now they play Soloman Islands in the World Cup playoff.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols i reckon ... never know soloman islands might win ... now that would be funny and sad ...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
its a conspiracy operation against the kiwis, a good one though. they'll beat the solomans, but by how much remains the question.

i also lost count to how many goals tim cahill scored off headers!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
What I want to know is wtf happened to Guti during all of Madrid's troubles last year. One year he's playing good football, next year he's gone, out of the Spanish Euro 2004 squad....very confused.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jim_green
What I want to know is wtf happened to Guti during all of Madrid's troubles last year. One year he's playing good football, next year he's gone, out of the Spanish Euro 2004 squad....very confused.
theres been others who have deserved it more this year.. like Morientes, Vicente, Luque..

Tristán isn't there either.. no surprise really..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)