social clubs in uni (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Depends what your into. Check out the websites at various unis. Yes you can usually join other uni's clubs, but they usually charge you more :p.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I heard that unis provide funding for some clubs?

and if this is tru does it need to be legit :D?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by +Po1ntDeXt3r+
I heard that unis provide funding for some clubs?

and if this is tru does it need to be legit :D?
\
yeah the Union/Guild provides funding to ur club provided u have a certain amount of members or some sort of condition like that

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
At UTS a certain amount of funds is provided to each club based on each UTS member they have in the club. So the more members they have, the more funding they get! They charge non-UTS members more membership fees because they get no funding from the union for that person.

Rahul

Dead Member
can i start my own social club at uni and get funding from the uni and also charge people to be join? :p

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
At UTS you have two types of clubs: Category A and Category B.

The Category A clubs are the main clubs that are funded by the uni and have been around for a while. They charge membership fees and are required to have an executive committee (eg. President, Vice-President, etc). They are also advertised by the UTS Union on O-Day and such.

The Category B clubs are formed by a group of students at UTS who are interested in a particular area. They usually require a minimum of 10 people before you can form one. I think you can get some funding, but to a limited degree. You cannot charge membership fees though and you are not required to have an executive committee, and if your good enough, you will get a Category A status in the near future.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Originally posted by jase-REX
At UTS you have two types of clubs: Category A and Category B.

The Category A clubs are the main clubs that are funded by the uni and have been around for a while. They charge membership fees and are required to have an executive committee (eg. President, Vice-President, etc). They are also advertised by the UTS Union on O-Day and such.

The Category B clubs are formed by a group of students at UTS who are interested in a particular area. They usually require a minimum of 10 people before you can form one. I think you can get some funding, but to a limited degree. You cannot charge membership fees though and you are not required to have an executive committee, and if your good enough, you will get a Category A status in the near future.
so like i could form a "faculty choir" with 10 other ppl and like scam it.. hmmm.. very interesting..
Make a BOS one in a heap of unis.. make it look legit..

WHOA! FREE, BEER and MONEY!!!! i like

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
theres some ok ones, have a look around the union website of the uni you want to go to
that being said, theres also some pretty dodgy ones-newcastle has one for war games

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
for each house? i didnt know they had specific ones (it doesnt really apply to me coz im gunna be living at home)
have u had a look at the union website
www.unu.org.au

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
inter-col sport kicks arse...there is always a healthy rivallry. Oh and there is a medievial club at UNC as well and they had "training" on the same oval that i had surveying pracs on, it was so funny seeing them smashing the shit out of this padded pole in full medievial dress with their wooden swords, it looked fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)