social life at unsw (1 Viewer)

elfm

HSC
lauren_d said:
what about for those of us who wont be 18?! is the roundhouse strict with id?
I've never been checked for ID at the roundhouse, except for at the entrance of live shows when the bar is open.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Oh cool a fellow history student. What subjects are you doing this semster Lundy?
I am doing american history.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
RooRaa said:
Oh cool a fellow history student. What subjects are you doing this semster Lundy?
I am doing american history.
Me too

HIST2025 - American history 1750 - 1890

and probably HIST3109 - Eastern Europe

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Oh cool .. well see you in class i suppose

I did Emergence of modern europe A and B and Women in world history last year. Were you in any of those classes?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
haha, awesome. See you there ;)

I did emergence of modern europe a and b in first year (2004)

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Hey Lundy is second year much harder than first? Or do they just expect longer essays.

I have heard mixed reports.

My essays are always at least a 1000 over anyway so hopefully it will just be an extended word limit ... doubt that thats the case though heh

Lundy

Banned
HSC
You get more 2000 word essays in second year. 1000 words over? fuck, I have a problem always being under :/

I think since you're expected to have mastered the basics of essay writing in first year they expect a higher standard of essay in upper level courses, such as with wideness of research and critical analysis of sources. They made us attend a 'researching in history' seminar last semester :rolleyes:

If you did fine in first year you shouldn't have any problems

Last edited:

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Oh good stuff. I have a D average in history so hopefully i will be fine, as long as i dont go under 70 as i want to do honours.

Man im jealous of people who go under ... its so damn hard to edit! I wish i could keep to the point but i seem to go off topic alot *hits self on head* I make it much harder for myself than i need to.

Razengen

RaVeR MeMbEr
HSC
I went to UNSW for INFO Day the other day..... i turned up.... the number of nerdy looking people who are all going to be fresh man like me next year.... daunts me....Ok maybe Uni is a place to learn and succeed academically.... but i still think people at Uni should take more drugs and take care in their apperance and have more of a Social life..... Although im AzN.. the fact that most of the peopel at UNSW are AzN's dont help.... they study more than they sleep......i guess Uni isnt a place i thought it be when i was younger......

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Uni ain't nothin to get really excited about. If you want fun hang wit em Aussie chickz, which are quite rare in UNSW.

Razengen

RaVeR MeMbEr
HSC
ahahaha yea... its always the Aussies who know how to have FUn.... i hang with my Aussie mates from school... and have hell of a time... AzNs get way too serious and dunno how to have fun... their fun is GAMBLING/KARAOKE..... not my cup my tea..... UNI NEEDS MORE DRUGS and Raves..... :) .... but AzNs are still KoOl

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Remember that the people who tend to go to open days etc tend to be the nerds (i was actually helping with a booth so that could make me a super nerd haha).

It depends what you are studying. I would say if you are doing arts or education then there will be less asians. In commerce there are lots. Not sure about engineering and law... i think that would have more aussies but still quite a few asians. I have found the asians i have met to be good fun, it has not been a problem for me. However i do realise different course may attract differnet types of people.

Uni can be fun. Just dont think it will be like a american college movie.

I think most ravers spend too much of high school comming down so dont get the grades to get into unsw... i know there are a few floating around for you though. :)

Last edited:

Razengen

RaVeR MeMbEr
HSC
Lol your very optimistic... ahahaha yea thanx for that... hope i do meet some Ravers who got into Uni... and do COMMERCE....and i guess FUn is what you make of it.. so yea i'll make UNI fun.... thats for sure.... :) :) :)

elfm

HSC
i find a lot of commerce asians aren't nerds. they may be smart, but a lot of them are also very cool :)

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
You will most likely get over raving while you are at uni and then you will be happy to get away from it heh.

Dont go on first impressions about people .. sometimes people will be more fun than they look.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I find a lot of snobz in Commerce, mostly Asianz. But if you're open and make the first movez you can alwayz make plenty of friendz around campus.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Razengen said:
the fact that most of the peopel at UNSW are AzN's dont help.... they study more than they sleep
You are generalising. It's just that it's relatively competitive to enter Commerce and that mindset remains as you go thru uni (and compete for jobs). If you don't keep up, you will fuck up in life like any other Philosophy student.

Razengen said:
but i still think people at Uni should take more drugs and take care in their apperance and have more of a Social life.....i guess Uni isnt a place i thought it be when i was younger......
You are an idiot. You obviously are brainwashed by too many American Teen grossout films.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)