Soldiers are not heroes (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Have I claimed at all that 'the system' as you like to call it defines my morals? No I have not.

A world without war is an idealistic dream. It will never happen.

That's a fact.
I know its idealism, and i know it will never happen. My point is that war is an entirely negative event that results in people being killed, and these people should not be glorified or hailed as heroes.

HSC
soldiers being heros or not depend on their cause on going to war. Example the Iraq war with america iraq afganistan australia is stupid. Iraq has done nothing wrong and these random aussie and american soldiers start killling them in their own country. If you went to that war you are a dickhed and a faggot. But in the yugoslavian war it wasnt based on stealing oil it was based on race and religion and people who thought in that war thought for their country. Thats why heros were made in that war like Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, Slobodan Milosevic and many others.

Australian soldiers are faggots but Slobodan the war criminal is a hero? woah...

HSC
I know its idealism, and i know it will never happen. My point is that war is an entirely negative event that results in people being killed, and these people should not be glorified or hailed as heroes.
I understand that point of view, but I don't agree with it. That's probably about as far as our conversation will get constructively!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
As the Washington historian William Blum has documented, since 1945, the US has destroyed or subverted more than 50 governments, many of them democracies, and used mass murderers like Suharto, Mobutu and Pinochet to dominate by proxy. In the Middle East, every dictatorship and pseudo-monarchy has been sustained by America. In "Operation Cyclone", the CIA and MI6 secretly fostered and bank-rolled Islamic extremism. The object was to smash or deter nationalism and democracy. The victims of this western state terrorism have been mostly Muslims. The courageous people gunned down last week in Bahrain and Libya, the latter a "priority UK market", according to Britain's official arms "procurers", join those children blown to bits in Gaza by the latest American F-16 aircraft.

HSC
so in conclusion

- being a soldier doesnt automatically make you a hero
- being a soldier doesnt automatically make you unable to be a hero

soldiers are no different to anyone else, it is their actions that dictate whether they're heroes or not

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
so in conclusion

soldiers are no different to anyone else, it is their actions that dictate whether they're heroes or not
That is wrong. In conclusion most people have come to the realization that most soldiers are in fact heros.

HSC
so in conclusion

And look at that we agree!

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
you =/= most people so your conclusion is flawed

try agen br@
My views are more in line with those of the wider Australian community than the right wing, strongly liberal/capitalist and racist views of you and many of your fellow trolls here on BOS. One of which was reported to their university today for making threats agaisnt the univeristy.

HSC
My views are more in line with those of the wider Australian community than the right wing, strongly liberal/capitalist and racist views of you and many of your fellow trolls here on BOS. One of which was reported to their university today for making threats agaisnt the univeristy.
I think you will actually find those that hate the military are generally left wing...

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
the wider australian community believe muslims are coming to steal their jobs and tax their carbon

the whole point of a forum like this is to post thought out positions on things (and to troll), if you want hurr aussie love-in listen to talkback radio or some shit

O_Malley

HSC
I read 21 pages of bickering, name calling, swearing, abuse and absurd logic. The only thing keeping me going on was so I could say one thing, and then someone beats me to it.
so in conclusion

You can't generalise on something like this. You need to look at each individual case to decide if that particular soldier is a hero or not. Just because one soldier is a rapist, doesn't mean they all are. Just because one soldier gave his life to save an orphanage, doesn't mean all soldiers are heroes.

Also remember, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Lenin was (initially) a hero to the peasents in Russia, but a bad guy to the capitalists. And yes, both these opinions can run parrallel to each other, and both be correct.

As for the sub-discussion on war-widows. Of course they can mourn, of course life is going to be harder for them. Don't say they should accept it, 'he was in a dangerous job'. That's like going, "You should never mourn someone because all people die eventually". You don't even know the husband was in the military when they first met. Maybe he wasn't an infantryman but an engineer trying to build schools for children.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)