Solid state devices: implications for society and the environment (1 Viewer)

eli_1988_1

HSC
We have an assessment and there are 4 different areas we need to cover and one particular one says:
H4 : Solid state devices: implications for society and the environment

i cannot manage to find this anywhere on the net or in my textbook and seeing as it is not a direct syllabus dot point, there is nothing on it in the resources section.
could someone please lead me down the right direction and give me some guidelines to follow as for what to research.

Thanks in advance!!

abhi_89

abhi_007
HSC
microchips and integrated circuits have revolutionised the way in which products , such as computers,PDA's and other eloctronic devices have been made PORTABLE due to the fact that size has been reduced considerably.

prior to the profound use of solid states, thermionic devices were used, in which case computers would take up THREE ROOMS !!

microchips and integrated circuits use semiconductors to rectofy/apmlify, in a fraction of the size.

hope this sorta helps, though i doubt there will be a question soloely on MICROCHIPs, it would, if anything, be a more general question on implications, in which u may address microchips/ circuits etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)