some ppl r just too good (1 Viewer)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Not to mention 2003 was considerably harder than 2002, hence the raw mark/HSC mark difference.

Who has got a 98 HSC mark in a 4U paper and if so what was your estimated raw mark? Curious, curious. :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
i wouldve expected the guy who topped ext2 to have answered everything and lose a mark for no reason.. like turtle :p

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, your worrying.

^_^

What about me? Archman is in my class
:(

That is seriously depressing.

Not to mention the 30 odd freaks who're beating me.
guh

Like someone said, your taking on the paper. Not them. :)

*thinks that every night before going to sleep, otherwise he can't sleep*
:p

:D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
So is Archman that guy that got 100% on that maths comp thing?

Giant Lobster

HSC
Man that archman dude's famous amongst us wannabe math nerds :)

edit:
ivan guo yeh?

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
bahh what a male dominated forum :eek:
Lol Im more worried why are us males are whinging more then the females.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
i wouldve expected the guy who topped ext2 to have answered everything and lose a mark for no reason.. like turtle :p
I've been saying that since december. But I spoke to a few out of the top 6, they reckon they could have got above 110, but they believe some of their working was incorrect. As far as I knew though, everything I did was correct, I didn't see any mistakes when I checked over it.

nike33

..you got to check your exam in the test???..atm i cant even finish it in 3hrs

..i get about half way through 8 in general..ie the most recent test.. i battled through 8a OK...got to b with 5 mins to go and was like WTF..(2002) ..the qn ended up taking me 30 mins afterwards..and like; to do every qn in full the whole thing would take me 3hrs/35~ mins..tell us ur secret keypad! :(

..i guess theres time to improve

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't have time to check.... damn complex numbers...

I think it is better to work slowly and get it right the first time than to rush through and then check.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I checked. I knew I left out 10 marks worth, and I saw the clock, it said 15 mins to go.

Here's what I said;

"Fuck it, I'll check. I know I did something wrong"

I did, I corrected about 12 marks worth of questions. (Only minor errors, like -1 * 1 = 1, etc.)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
I checked. I knew I left out 10 marks worth, and I saw the clock, it said 15 mins to go.

Here's what I said;

"Fuck it, I'll check. I know I did something wrong"

I did, I corrected about 12 marks worth of questions. (Only minor errors, like -1 * 1 = 1, etc.)

lol, mabye I should have checked rather than pushing ahead.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by nike33

..you got to check your exam in the test???..atm i cant even finish it in 3hrs
The 4u exam is designed not to be finished

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
that, my friend, is really based upon whether you've done 700 pages of trial papers or not.

;)

:D

oo, btw, Keypad, the guy who came second, Charles, was quite pissed off that a random guy like you had come in and beaten him. :p

and nike33, >.<, don't worry that you can't finish it, be happy that you can actually reach question 8. That'll get you over 97, me thinks. hrm

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
hear that people, he had more than enough time to check everything.......while the rest of the state didn't even finish....LOL

sammeh

mmm dont fret over the abilities of your fellow 4u students. it is my personal belief that the biggest factor in your ability to gain a high raw mark in this course is confidence. know your work, and KNOW that you know, and you'll have not a worry. at least, its worked for me, even in cases where i didnt know my work - all my conics and polynomials work in my last assessment was derived during the exam o.0 - and if it can work for me, it can work for anyone. just practice your exam technique to eliminate all the careless errors, and you will be set.

if that doesnt comfort you, then keep in mind that all that bs about your uai determining what course you can do at uni is basically just that - bs. i mean, yeah, there are some courses u wont be able to do in your first year. but you can always transfer in, or double degree, etc etc. there are ways. regardless of what your teachers may say, or what it may seem like, your hsc doesnt actually mean all that much :) hell, its likely that you could get into your chosen career (whatever it may be) without a uni degree anyway.

dont waste energy stressing, divert it to more fruitful activities.

yanananananana

= Token Asian =
HSC
Originally posted by sammeh
mmm dont fret over the abilities of your fellow 4u students. it is my personal belief that the biggest factor in your ability to gain a high raw mark in this course is confidence. know your work, and KNOW that you know, and you'll have not a worry. at least, its worked for me, even in cases where i didnt know my work - all my conics and polynomials work in my last assessment was derived during the exam o.0 - and if it can work for me, it can work for anyone. just practice your exam technique to eliminate all the careless errors, and you will be set.

if that doesnt comfort you, then keep in mind that all that bs about your uai determining what course you can do at uni is basically just that - bs. i mean, yeah, there are some courses u wont be able to do in your first year. but you can always transfer in, or double degree, etc etc. there are ways. regardless of what your teachers may say, or what it may seem like, your hsc doesnt actually mean all that much :) hell, its likely that you could get into your chosen career (whatever it may be) without a uni degree anyway.

dont waste energy stressing, divert it to more fruitful activities.
that would have been good advice had it come earlier... but after reading through ALL the replies (4 pages worth)...

OMG... i'm FREAKED OUT :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)