Some questions about the "Timetable" (1 Viewer)

flyingboat

HSC
few questions referring to the image above...

1)
what is the difference between Class, Lecture and Tutorial?
which one we had paid for and MUST attend?

2)
for the 'Places left' column...
if there's no more space left, it would appear 'Zero', right?
but it says 'n/a'... what does that mean?
was i too late to enroll for that unit?

3)
do we get a letter from UWS about the confirmation of the subjects we enrolled?

please help, will be very appreciated.

-juLie-

meep
HSC
Lectures are where everyone in your year taking your degree are together for a lecture.
Tutorials are smaller classes usually 20-25 people where you to group work and class activities. Like classes in high school. And a class cant help you with that one as my degree doesnt have them but Im assuming it would be something similar to a tutorial. You ave apid for all of them and usually have to attend them all. They will tell you during the 1st week what classes are compulsary and whats not but you need to meet the minimum 80% attendance for your classes otherwise you will be given a fail mark.

N/A for the classes is just like that at the moment as tutorial rego hasnt happened yet. Closer to the date and once it opens it will say how many places are left.

And finally you dont get a letter confirming what subjects your enrolled in. Its all online so that acts as a confirmation.

astroe

HSC
Someone from the Student Centre told me that we have no choice in which lecture we're designated, i.e we can't choose our lecture.
Is this true?

The person seemed unsure and said they "think" that was the case, it just seems quite wtf to me.

snow_fanatzi

HSC
not true. if there are 2 or more lecture available than you can pick which lec you want to attend to. but if they only have 1 lecture to choose from than you have to attend that lecture time

snow_fanatzi

HSC
so in your case there are two lecture available to choose from. you can attend the 8am or the 2pm

NotOneLess

HSC
Sometimes separate lectures are meant to compliment each other, it all depends on the unit. Look under the "notes" for each timetable to see what the attendence requirements are. If all else fails then email the unit co-ordinator or just turn up to the earliest lecture. You'll soon realise lectures aren't absolutely necessary anyway, you can get by without turning up assuming you have some degree of self discipline to self study (part of being a uni student).

For now just make sure you have a draft timetable going and know the dates and times for tutorial registration for your units.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)