Some questions for a new Macquarian. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi. I have a few questions for my enrolment and my ability to transfer into another course.

1. I went to the Macquarie Preparation Enrolment Session on the 22nd. And I planned a timetable for my first semester and second. But because the computers in Macq was down at the time, they photocopied my timetable and today told me they have put me into the system. But today I went on eStudent site and I realised one of the tutorial session I had selected was full! so I had to change my timetable. Does that mean I have to call up Macq and tell them my changes too?

2. Like many others, I cannot enter the units for my second semester. because of ECON111 needed GPA of 2 and above in order to select it. and I had 15cps. so it wouldn't let me enter it. What should I do?

3. I am B Com-Actuarial Studies LLB. But I am not sure if I will be able to handle the workload of both. I am thinking of transfering into B Com-Actuarial Studies and Accounting through my UAI. I went to Student Enquiry and they said I can do it before the 1st week of uni starts. But when I asked my academic adviser for Actuarial Studies. The lady wasn't quite sure. But she thinks because I am doing law. I can transfer out with one degree but not 2. (I wasn't sure how it works...) Does anyone know?

4. I've got my timetable for the first semester now. What else do I need to do before the orientation day?

Phew... That's all, Thanku! ^_^

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
1. Is it showing up as a half filled sand glass in eStudent?

2. It should say 'pending'.

3. You can transfer out in first week, don't listen to academics when it comes to administration, the SES is the definitive word.

4. Try and find out what books you need, the line is notoriously long during the first week or so.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
My only problem is that i was unable to collect my Student Card from C5C244 on the day, because filling out the timetable thing and talking with the advisors took so long.

Apparently there's another day where ppl can go to Macq, this time regarding "Credit from Previous Studies", on Feb 20. Does anyone know if we could collect the Card then?

Oh, and i think we had to complete some kind of "estimated time you finish your degree" sheet, and i didn't hand that in either. Any answers?

-P_D

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
My only problem is that i was unable to collect my Student Card from C5C244 on the day, because filling out the timetable thing and talking with the advisors took so long.

Apparently there's another day where ppl can go to Macq, this time regarding "Credit from Previous Studies", on Feb 20. Does anyone know if we could collect the Card then?

Oh, and i think we had to complete some kind of "estimated time you finish your degree" sheet, and i didn't hand that in either. Any answers?

-P_D
hey I remember u! I always see on BOS during HSC period. You got into macq Actuarial Studies too? ^_^

HSC
AsyLum said:
1. Is it showing up as a half filled sand glass in eStudent?

2. It should say 'pending'.

3. You can transfer out in first week, don't listen to academics when it comes to administration, the SES is the definitive word.

4. Try and find out what books you need, the line is notoriously long during the first week or so.
1. No. But that's because I chose the class in another time instead. So my timetable has changed. but do I have to tell Macq?

2.It didn't. it just wouldnt let me enroll in my units. saying "general error"

3. I dun just wanna transfer out. I wanna transfer from Actuarial Studies LLB into ACTS/Accounting. Can I?

4. Books.. how do I know what books I need? and Where do I buy them...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
1. eStudent changes should be official enough, thats the system they're entering into so that should be fine, usually you're expected to bring a print out if you've changed tutorials, but since its before classes, I doubt lists would've been made for classes yet.

2. I'd contact eStudent or the uni and ask them what to do.

3. "transfer, by 31 July in the first year of enrolment, from one course to another, if the student would have been accepted that year for enrolment in the latter and has been enrolled in first half year." It'll be automatically approved, and yes transferring out/in (should've been more clear with my wording).

4. myMQ - https://my.mq.edu.au log in and it should have your book lists in there.
Books - Co-op Bookshop.

HSC
AsyLum said:
1. eStudent changes should be official enough, thats the system they're entering into so that should be fine, usually you're expected to bring a print out if you've changed tutorials, but since its before classes, I doubt lists would've been made for classes yet.

2. I'd contact eStudent or the uni and ask them what to do.

3. "transfer, by 31 July in the first year of enrolment, from one course to another, if the student would have been accepted that year for enrolment in the latter and has been enrolled in first half year." It'll be automatically approved, and yes transferring out/in (should've been more clear with my wording).

4. myMQ - https://my.mq.edu.au log in and it should have your book lists in there.
Books - Co-op Bookshop.
Ooo. I see. I'lll go check them out! thankxx!

P.S. I cant access myMQ yet.. he-he..

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i dont know if this has been sorted yet, i cbb to concentrate to work it out, so my answers are

1. i wouldn't think so but what do you mean by put you in the system? were they entering your classes as well? if yes - you may have to ring incase they change it to something else. if no - then there is no need to ring.

2. enter the others (enrol and register in classes) and enter that subject at the start of semester 2

3. no idea

4. nothing? you're enrolled, you have your timetable, all you need are books and you're set for uni

:)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
join all the cool clubs during o week. and scab as much free crap as you can (im not feeling a good loot this year).

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
MoonLiteDreamz said:
hey I remember u! I always see on BOS during HSC period. You got into macq Actuarial Studies too? ^_^
Lol, sadly, i'm doing econ.

"Too"? Damn, you're one hard worker.

Cya around Macq, hopefully ^.^

-P_D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)