Someone who does music please PM me (1 Viewer)

sparkerasp

HSC
Could someone does music or knows of someone who does music please private message me. There are some things I would like to ask them. I'll post up the questions for anyone who may know the answers to them.

Audition:
- Did you send in certificates, awards, a personal statement or a school/teacher reference?
- Is there a time limit to both your pieces (e.g. UNSW has a limit of 5 minutes with your pieces played back to back)? The person at ANU Music Office said that they don't impose time limits.
- Around what grade would the sightreading be?
- What sort of technical work do they set you?

- If you submitted your audition via DVD/correspondence, when did you send it in by? The UAC09 said it must be sent in by the 7th November, but the person at the ANU Music Office said 24th November (they said the 7th of November was only a safety net).

- Is the audition process just a practical, or is there a theory assessment part to it as well?

- What is an average day like for a music student?

Thanks in advance :)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
I've messaged a friend who does music, i'll see if he can help you out. I'll post the reply here when it comes through.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
friend said:
-certificates etc wont do anything and they probably wont look at them.

-theres no time limit but if they've heard enough they will stop you and that doesn't mean that you were bad

-there wasnt a sightreading test when i did the audition but that was probably because i did voice but with instruments i think there is...and im not too sure about the correspondence submition but just call the office theyre really nice ;)

-the process is both practical and theoretical, but the theory test is just to see how much you know and gauge where your at to put you in the right class...

-music students usually have class 9-5 4-5 days a week and then theres practise and stuff so its pretty much a full time job
as per above

sparkerasp

HSC
Thanks Davo1111. It seems like hardly anyone does music at ANU is on BOS, or is it because there just aren't that many people doing it? I heard about the ANU Music and it's 'declining enrolments and lack of funding', and I'm quite concerned about it.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
sparkerasp said:
Thanks Davo1111. It seems like hardly anyone does music at ANU is on BOS, or is it because there just aren't that many people doing it? I heard about the ANU Music and it's 'declining enrolments and lack of funding', and I'm quite concerned about it.
Sparkerasp - I'm not too sure, i think it's a small faculty anyway (hence low numbers of students studying music generally). but i will ask him next time hes online. As for lack of funding, they just spent x million on a new music hall for the music students, so i doubt thats the case.

As for bigboyjames, no doubt his comments were aimed at destroying my credibility, or convicing you that anu is a shit uni & uts is the best. He is a troll, ignore him.

sparkerasp

HSC

shangtsail

HSC
Hi. I'm not a high school music student but I want to do BArt/BMusic in ANU. I've only learnt the violin for a year so I'll try musicology and composition. Do you think I will be accepted? Is there a way for me to keep learning the violin?

Can someone plz help?? Thank you!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Contact the school of music admissions directly. They will explain exactly what you need to have done/what you need to do for admission into the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)