Southpac closes, tragedy? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well as I'm sure some of you are aware Southpac has now closed down, quattro has also closed down.

This is significantly cutting down on the cheapest, nastiest places to get smashed in civic. Discuss.

hangerm5

HSC
Never been to either of them so cannot comment. No actually thats not true, i did once go to Quattro as i really needed a toilet and it was close by- this is a tragedy, I will now have to find a new toilet :(

ByrnEsy

HSC
ARgh, i just got my membership to southpacs last week too. Lets just hope someone buys them and gives them a decent renovation.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
...I didnt even notice

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You're right on 3 out of 4 of those. I go to Bruce :p

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
No I'm right on three of three my grammar was just wrong eg my charge was that your pac hate was driven by three factors:
*elitism
*law student elitism (an entire extra layer of elitism;))
*non fenner or B&G resident (present or former)

If I wanted a fourth I could've added the bruce for a third layer of eltism :p

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
noneother said:
Southpac so shit
must agree on that one - i hated southpac with a passion and only been there twice -

Quatro always seemed to be empty... thought they did play some good music while i was waiting in the taxi line at 2am...

if you wanted to get drunk quickly you've always got moose and shooters - $2 drinks all night... they seem to work quiet well

rumour

HSC
loquasagacious said:
Well as I'm sure some of you are aware Southpac has now closed down, quattro has also closed down.

This is significantly cutting down on the cheapest, nastiest places to get smashed in civic. Discuss.
Yeah I heard about this only a few days ago :(
How sad! I just became a member about a month ago..lol

Someone told me that Sultans has also closed down, is this true?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
No Sultans has changed hands (it used to be owned by the same people as Quattro it no longer is).

Oh according to the sign on the door southpac is being replaced by "club nitro" around june8th or somesuch. I predict a new carpet, no pokies, better sound system and a gimicky opening night (see Cub Mecsh(sp) 20,000 litres of popcorn..... for the 20 patrons)

Venusian

HSC
Yup according to the posters in union court its gonna be a pimps and hos opening
gah just what canberra needs, another RnB club :(

rumour

HSC
loquasagacious said:
No Sultans has changed hands (it used to be owned by the same people as Quattro it no longer is).

Oh according to the sign on the door southpac is being replaced by "club nitro" around june8th or somesuch. I predict a new carpet, no pokies, better sound system and a gimicky opening night (see Cub Mecsh(sp) 20,000 litres of popcorn..... for the 20 patrons)
I hope this new club will have cheap drinks!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Went to southpac when I was quite lubricated. I remember having a skulling competition there. That is all.

Shooters all the way.

_Benji_

HSC
Shane, where is the brucie love for the pac? ah so many good nights ending up in the seediness that was the Pac. RIP.

Classic example was when me, Dixon and Alec went and there was a $5 cover charge and Alec went to the bouncer "what the hell YOU GUYS are charging!" and the bouncer was just like "look how many ppl are here!" and naturally we were like stuff that and walked away while Alec muttered loudly "Im not paying $5 to be raped by a Tongan".

Has anyone been to club nitro?

Icies> Shooters
Bruce>Ursies

That being said... nothing beats a bit of Cube-ige

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
i tell you what... i'm sooooooooo sick of mooseheads. damn being a johns person and ending up there EVERY time we go out.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
sezy_jane said:
i tell you what... i'm sooooooooo sick of mooseheads. damn being a johns person and ending up there EVERY time we go out.
moose does tend to get a bit repetative after a little while - i used to love it to bits now i'm a bit off it -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)