Space assignment? (1 Viewer)

davidw89

HSC
Anyone got their first Physic assignment on space?

I was wondering if anyone know any good ideas for a first hand investigations on projectile motion...i need to carry out 2 experiment. It's due in 6 week but i want to finish it early as it is worth 11% of my internal HSC mark..

The research on the famous people on the development of space shouldnt be that hard..only 400 words.

twilight1412

HSC
well you could always use bottle rockets and shoot them at different angles and pressures(to change the velocity) and then take measurements

Westy22

HSC
Thats a bit dodgey...if you have the time and access one of those machines which shoots tennis balls or the cricket ones would do a good job...just adjust the angle...

Pugsley

HSC
Taping the firing of a projectile (one of those mentioned above) and doing all the calculations afterwards. Figure out the amount of frames per second and come up with a scale. Then u can do all your measurements on paper, including angle, distance travelled, max height at v=0, u, ux, and uy.

I dont know if you were already thinking of doing this.

davidw89

HSC
Well i ended up doing a simple one as the complicated oens dont get you marks (asked da teacher).

Iam doing effect of force on range

and effect of angle on range

Using a rubber band projectile..

Problem is i dont know how to calculate some of it afterwards :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)