space: robert h goddard (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
his contributions dot point..

- First person to prove that rockets would work in a vacuum and didnt require air to provide propulsion.
- Proposed that rockets could reach the moon in his book.
- Developed a rocket that could use liquid fuel and later launched [the first of its kind]
- His work was utilised by German scientists in their development of war-time rockets.

anythign else from anyone who is doing him?

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
his contributions dot point..

- First person to prove that rockets would work in a vacuum and didnt require air to provide propulsion.
- Proposed that rockets could reach the moon in his book.
- Developed a rocket that could use liquid fuel and later launched [the first of its kind]
- His work was utilised by German scientists in their development of war-time rockets.

anythign else from anyone who is doing him?
my teacher said u need more than 4pts..say 5or 6...

did u talk about...the propelling crap..he invented that so rockets can be "controlled"...

and u can expand a bit more on liquid..cos thats one big major contibution

Inhuman

HSC
Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
Tschaikovosky here.. um hope that is spelt right :p
hehe... he wrote sci-fi in between symphonies :p
the name's Tsiolkovsky

and Goddard's main contribution was that he actually engineered most of the components needed rather than just talking about like Oberth and Tchaikovsky. Other than that what Rahul said covers it

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Goddard

1912 - developed mathematical theory of rocket propusion
1915 - proved, using a static test, that rockets could produce thrust in a vacuum (and hence space flight in a vacuum was possible). Ideas rejected by the public for being too radical.
1926 - constructed, tested first liquid fuel rocket using liquid o2 and gasoline.
1929 - attached first payload to rocket (camera and barometer). Developed methods to detach payload from rocket and return them to earth by means of parachute)
1935 - developed first liquid fuel rocket faster than the speed of sound.

made countless numbers of engineering contributions to rocket design - eg. power-driven fuel pump, vanes in jet stream of motor for steering and gyroscopic control. Significant, as they are still used today.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
o_O; u FREAK!! aaRGH?!!

wow u even remembered the dates....tell me, did u remember his birthday too :p

Dangar

he has over two hundred patents relating to rocketry and he was one of the first scientist who not only realised potential of space flight but brought it closer to reality proving he made an invaluable contribution.

deweydude

Tsiolkolvsky is the father of Modern Rocketry

He did the multistage rocket (I think, oh god I'm so worried I think I'm gonna vomit tommorrow!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)