Speech question (1 Viewer)

bright_angell

hEY! i have an assessment on speeches coming up and we are to discuss "two of the prescribed speeches"- does this mean ANY two or according to their usual pairing?

ps. plz answer asap if u have a fair idea-its due pretty soon and id rather not do them in their usual pairings...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i think it means ANY two, but you should prob just check with your teacher. they may reccomend you to choose within the natural pairing.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
bright_angell said:
hEY! i have an assessment on speeches coming up and we are to discuss "two of the prescribed speeches"- does this mean ANY two or according to their usual pairing?

ps. plz answer asap if u have a fair idea-its due pretty soon and id rather not do them in their usual pairings...
i'm pretty sure it means any two, like as long as you can find a way of answering the question with those two.

cos at our school we did the speeches in different pairings than some other people on here have.

HSC
just out of curiousity, im doing speeches as well. how many of the speeches do we need to know for the hsc?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
*n.a.t.a.l.i.e* said:
just out of curiousity, im doing speeches as well. how many of the speeches do we need to know for the hsc?
i'm pritty sure u need to know every single one of them

what kind of assessments do u guys get for this module...?

my teacher's making us write an essay for each speech... and each essay is assessed... i find writing an essay for each speech is completely unhelpful... that way it makes linking ideas and themes between the speeches quite difficult in the end...

metal_goddess02

HSC
has anyone been given an assessment to write a discussion on the speeches for a publication or anything similar, i am really stuck!!

metal_goddess02

HSC
please, would anyone know how to start a discussion for a publication!! i really need help!

metal_goddess02

HSC
sorry, but does anyone know how to start off a discussion of two speeches for a publication?

HSC
by assessments you mean? we had a speech to do on a speech of our choice (speech on a speech :p) and speak as the composer......which i thought i did poorly at as compared to the other extension students in my class :rolleyes: ...oh well....scored 19/20 so couldnt have been so bad.....but thats the only assessment we have on speeches......all we do is get given notes and we have to write heaps of notes about the speeches ourselves as well..........

and as far as this publication....i would not have a clue... sorry

HSC
yeah that sounds like the way to go, but different teachers i ask say different things even with the stimulus booklet.....so frikin much.....but its weird cos our assignment for the speeches module only focused on one speech....is that bad?

HSC
yeah it was really quite weird.....how do yous deal with the topic in class? we go through many of them in detail in class, so it sort of helps us in that sense i think....but like u said it comes from ur assignments....meh i dont know

HSC
lol i think im half asleep gettin confused here....you had half yearlies? we had those for english? we didnt have them....geez we havent even had trials yet.....we arent even on our last topic.....im confused we're still on speeches until a week or so when we go to power.....mmm.....but the rest made sense. thanks for help tho...very much appreciated

HSC
miss_gtr said:
we went into depth for most of them but our teacher didnt teach us all of them cuz we had to "move on" to the next topic so we'll go abck to it but yeh so its jut a teach urself the rest kindve a thing........... but we had to write a 3min speech based on 2 speeches..........."Every text has its used by date" and argue that using 2 texts as an example. it was a past question..! but yeah, we had to know 3 in depth for our half yearlies!........ that was a question on how speeches have impacted ur life or something like that..! But yeh just focus on two i say its highly unlikely they will specify so pick two that coincide and focus on them.

lol i know i was very tired.....u said u had to know 3 speeches in depth for your half yearlies and we didnt have half yearlies for english nor have we had our trials yet. how many modules do you have to go? we have to do power and thats our last one which we start next week or so.......(hope it makes more sense i even confused myself :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)