Speeches question (1 Viewer)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Um question
For the HSC for teh Critical Study Question

Can they basically Pick any speeches at random???? or do they let us choose our own???
anyone know what its gonna be like for this year???
cause then basically i would have to learn all the speeches!!(well techniques and such) .. i mean i can do this but if i dont have to.....

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
wat do u mean?? like for module b , which is critical study...they can ask u 2 write in ne form...eg: feature article , essay , speech, conversation....etc!!
btw which elective r u doing for critical study??

Seraph

HSC
N/A
nononono thats not what i mean
Im doing speeches

And i mean can they say like you are to use "THIS SPEECH " and one of your own?
or do they say choose 2 of your own ??
(which means basically you have to to know your shit for all 12 speeches)

jims

HSC
they can specify a speech if they want to so you should know quite a few very well and the rest just generally with the techniques, basic idea and a few quotes.

monopoly19

HSC
In 2002 they specified a speech (Lincoln/MLK - I can't remember) but last year they didn't. You pretty much have to learn all of them, unfortunately, at least in some detail. Choose two or three that relate well, learn them in depth (comparisons help) and if they don't specify then use those ones (as long as they relate to the question).

The speeches module was a major b*tch, so good luck!

emma+chelsea

Hey. We just finished doing our speeches module. A random speech could DEFINATELY pop up the exam, and it probably will as well (lets just hope its not noel pearson or cicero! i personally hate those speeches...)

so learn your three really well. But for all of them, just learn a few central techniques, ideas, and quotes. As long as you can kinda mention them in the exam, i doesn't matter if you talk about the ones you know in detail more.
What main speeches have you chosen to study in detail?

lisa see

My teacher told us we should be only doing two speeches because you are able to analyse them in more depth. i'm choosing Martin Luther King, and Paul Keating's eulogy. If anyone had any notes on Keating I'd be a happy chappy, its not as easy finding any contemporary context info on the net like i could with King, but i really like his speech.

ta

Seraph

HSC
N/A
i need advice
i have to do a response (has to be integrated)
i chose the speeches Socrate's Among us you can dwell no longer and Pual keating's the unknown soldier

Does anyone know how they relate in anyways?

222fish

yeah, u have to make comparisons and contrast...linking themes, have a thesis. and yes, they can choose any speech they want so try to learn a few quotes from each

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Try doing Lincoln and Keating together..... they have a lot more in common...

Socreates is kinda out there on his own...

but Lincoln and Keating... both talk about past present and future..

you can look at howt he values have transcended time

Rahul

Dead Member
to the original question, they can pick either 1, 2 or even 3 speeches for you to do, without any options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)