St. Anger - MetallicA (1 Viewer)

Ezalum

HSC
N/A
I am a huge MetallicA fan, and as such I am interested in your thoughts on their new album 'St. Anger.' Thus far I have heard very mixed reports. Whilst the majority seem relatively happy with the album there are still quite a few people dissatisfied with their new image.
Personally I think they still have a long way to go until they once again reach the perfection that was 'Master of Puppets', and to a slightly lesser extent 'Ride the Lightning', although it is a vast improvement over the instrumental garbage that was 'Re-Load.' In short I don't mind it, although I do feel the lack of guitar solos severely detracts from their music.
Anyway, I would just like to hear your opinions on their new album. Any feed back is welcome. :)

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i love metallica, but St Anger doesnt really feel to be 'the old metallica'... occasionally i sit here and listen to the album and think 'oh yeah thats a metallica sound'.. but most of the album is a different sort of metallica. Its not entirely a bad metallica sound.. but i definetly dont like it as much as i do their older stuff.

N

ND

Originally posted by Ezalum
I am a huge MetallicA fan, and as such I am interested in your thoughts on their new album 'St. Anger.' Thus far I have heard very mixed reports. Whilst the majority seem relatively happy with the album there are still quite a few people dissatisfied with their new image.
Personally I think they still have a long way to go until they once again reach the perfection that was 'Master of Puppets', and to a slightly lesser extent 'Ride the Lightning', although it is a vast improvement over the instrumental garbage that was 'Re-Load.' In short I don't mind it, although I do feel the lack of guitar solos severely detracts from their music.
Anyway, I would just like to hear your opinions on their new album. Any feed back is welcome. :)
Steve you're posting on a message board, not writing a fvcking english essay (i smoke you at english anyway :p).

Haven't heard the new metallica album, but i can't imagine it would compare to anything from the old days.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
dude metalliaca will never again reach the perfection that was made wit master of puppets! face it metallica has changed FOR THE SHITTY WORST...
dont get me wrong i like st.anger i think its pretty good but it isnt just metallicy (if dats a word) enough. st anger is fully in my head and it does get annoying after tehe 100th listen of it!

heard a rumour... is it true Metallica will be headlining next yr's BDO? i hope so i wanna c the old dudes live!

GJ_JOE

blood brother
apparently Lars announced that they were coming for BDO on the official Metallica site just recently....months before the public were supposed to know

Neon-Frog

Lars announced it, he wasnt supposed to. I think the post has been taken down now ...

HSC
Okay, first of all i'm a metallica fan, i listen to metallica from Kill'em all to St anger. A lot of people talk about they are big metallica fans and how they hated the new album and such, that's just bullshit.
the only metallica album that sucked was "load, reload, Garbage Inc and S & M live",when comparing to those albums/compilations, St Anger is really not that bad. It does lack solos. What about the album's aggression? eh? it's as heavy as it can get. And above all, it's METALLICA doing their thing, kicking your ass.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i think st anger is pretty good, sure its not like their Ride the lightning or master of puppets days but they have to change eventually.. although i wasn't very happy to realise no solo's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)