st marys senior/personal profile help (i rlly want to go there) (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey!! can someone help me for what to write on my st marys senior personal profile, i don't know what else to write and what ive done so far doesn't seem like enough? i really want to go there but i live over 20 mins away. my grades kinda dropped for yr 9 semester 2 (applying for year 11 2025) bc i had an appendectomy and was in like hospital the weeks before my exams so now all my grades are annoying B's except for 1 A in History and a C in PDHPE. extracurricular are just acoustic/electric guitar and ive done swimming, karate, netball and dance before but quit them all except guitar.

can someone tell me what my chance is at getting in? and if there are other things i could add to help my chance? and what the school is like?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The instructions provided on the application form are usually sufficient and writing your personal profile in a way that directly responds to the main points outlined in the instructions typically results in a good-quality personal profile response. While favourable results essentially guarantee you a spot at SMSHS, you can still be made an offer with slightly lower results, such as in your case. The school primarily emphasises your attitude and commitment to learning as a student, especially since it fosters a young adult learning environment, which is somewhat similar to that of university.

Based on this, your personal profile section should ideally include information such as:
  • A brief description of your character
  • Your academic performance and commitment to learning throughout Stage 5 (including any achievements)
  • Any extracurricular activities that you were or are currently involved in, as well as involvement in your current school and the broader community (if applicable)
  • Your goals beyond year 12 - These can include tertiary education as well as career goals.
In terms of the school itself, it is a large senior school, with approximately 900 students in year 11 and year 12 only (i.e. ~450 in each). This means that you will have many opportunities to make new friends and be immersed in the school environment, which is made easier, thanks to the numerous clubs/societies that the school hosts. The environment is quite relaxed. Teachers are called by their first name, and you can wear whatever you want to school, as long as it matches the dress code. You will only be required to wear the school t-shirt on specific days for school events.

If your goal is to ensure favourable performance, you can definitely do that at SMSHS. There are many high achievers each year, with at least one student achieving a 99+ ATAR per year on average.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)