Standard English Band 6 (1 Viewer)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
This might be off topic but is it possible to get a band 6 in ESL (ok, it's my aim, alright?) and get a 99+ UAI. I want it...no...I have to get it if I still want to be able to continue my study in Aus...otherwise, er...no idea...probably to hell.

Whatever, since the ESL box hasn't been operating as well to my expectation, if not 'crap', I just want to know (in here) if a band 6 ESL still gets scaled down. According to my friend's tutor, ESL is the second subject, under Standard E and above IPT to get scaled down quite cruelly. Any chance for band 5 upwards? Or more specifically band 6?

BTW, if anyone's ever seen/heard/touched (hopefully) any ESL-band-6er, please tell me. (the top 10 students must have got that, right?)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Yes it's possible to get a band 6 in ESL. There's a thread about this in the ESL forum. And I've heard that ESL gets scaled pretty good if you do really well, but don't quote me. My friend's cousin got a 99+ UAI with ESL (she did get band 6), so it is possible for you too. Good luck. :D

undermyskin said:
Whatever, since the ESL box hasn't been operating as well to my expectation, if not 'crap', I just want to know (in here) if a band 6 ESL still gets scaled down.
Do you mean that the ESL "box" as in the forum? Or what? *confused*

jaaaaay

HSC
o.bi.sess: i've never met anyone so passionate about their subs in my entire life. haha but i agree, as long as u cane ur subject... you'll maximise ur uai, no matter what sub u do: standard/adv.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
o.bi.sess said:
Yes it's possible to get a band 6 in ESL. There's a thread about this in the ESL forum. And I've heard that ESL gets scaled pretty good if you do really well, but don't quote me. My friend's cousin got a 99+ UAI with ESL (she did get band 6), so it is possible for you too. Good luck. :D
Not to mention that the maximum UAI achieved by a student doing ESL in 2007 was 99.95, so yes, definitely possible :uhhuh:

Source: http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2007_table_A1.pdf

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
jaaaaay said:
o.bi.sess: i've never met anyone so passionate about their subs in my entire life. haha but i agree, as long as u cane ur subject... you'll maximise ur uai, no matter what sub u do: standard/adv.
:eek: It's not that I'm passionate about English (don't really like the subject that much), it's just I'm so sick of people bagging it out without considering it. Gah, some of my friends were like "Why didn't you do advanced?!" all throughout last year (for the entire year) as if I'd made the biggest mistake of my life by doing Standard or something.

After all, someone's gotta defend the underdog. ;)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
o.bi.sess said:
:eek: It's not that I'm passionate about English (don't really like the subject that much), it's just I'm so sick of people bagging it out without considering it. Gah, some of my friends were like "Why didn't you do advanced?!" all throughout last year (for the entire year) as if I'd made the biggest mistake of my life by doing Standard or something.

After all, someone's gotta defend the underdog. ;)
I have been waiting for someone to say that for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)