Standard or advanced maths? (1 Viewer)

Susu123

HSC
WHOOOOOO, also the T class back in the days (yr 10) didn't do any logs or polys lol @Susu123 can u fact check this, also its literally fine bro u learn logs all over again in year 11
i didnt even know what polynomials were lol and he gave us logs worksheets but no one actually did them, but it was all ok at the end cuz we actually learn logs and poly in year 11, you dont really need background knowledge

Scryne

HSC
I also got another question, I picked physics for year 11 and 12 and every physics teacher tells me that adv maths is the minimum to understand physics. If I do end up dropping to standard, will it be an issue succeeding in physics?

carrotsss

HSC
I also got another question, I picked physics for year 11 and 12 and every physics teacher tells me that adv maths is the minimum to understand physics. If I do end up dropping to standard, will it be an issue succeeding in physics?
not really the maths in phys is sorta easy as long as u have decent algebra skills

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
hsc physics does not include calculations w/ calculus, so you will be fine if you drop down to standard

Luukas.2

HSC
As others have said, you don't need Advanced Maths for HSC Physics... but it will certainly make Physics easier.

Scryne

HSC
icl just checked out the adv maths textbook and it doesn’t look very friendly. looks like an ancient language. is there any way to prepare for it or make the learning a little bit easier?

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
icl just checked out the adv maths textbook and it doesn’t look very friendly. looks like an ancient language. is there any way to prepare for it or make the learning a little bit easier?
being good at algebra is basically a prerequisite. if you're good at algebra adv should be easy for the most part. stuff like calculus is intuitive once it's taught (properly).
if you could pinpoint something confusing/unfriendly within the textbook, please do so

Scryne

HSC
being good at algebra is basically a prerequisite. if you're good at algebra adv should be easy for the most part. stuff like calculus is intuitive once it's taught (properly).
if you could pinpoint something confusing/unfriendly within the textbook, please do so
The first 3 chapters (Functions, methods in algebra, surds) look relatively straightforward. It’s just chapter 4 and onwards which don’t make any sense in my brain. No lines or letters make any sense to me.

moonsuyoung

HSC
The first 3 chapters (Functions, methods in algebra, surds) look relatively straightforward. It’s just chapter 4 and onwards which don’t make any sense in my brain. No lines or letters make any sense to me.
there’s good videos online for explanations for these math topics like youtube!! or if so you could always pick up tutoring?

Scryne

HSC
i'll probably stick to youtube cuz i just realised i suck ass at
there’s good videos online for explanations for these math topics like youtube!! or if so you could always pick up tutoring?
I'll probably get on the youtube grind. cannot do algebra for my life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)