Stargate (1 Viewer)

cheetah

HSC
whos sick of stargate: atlantis?, i am!. I say bring back the old series`s and ditch atlantis. If they put more effort into the old stargate it would be awesome!.

Comrade nathan

HSC
cheetah said:
whos sick of stargate: atlantis?, i am!. I say bring back the old series`s and ditch atlantis. If they put more effort into the old stargate it would be awesome!.
The original SG1 is on tonight, thursday 9:30 or 10:30 i forgot, just check your guides.

Gummy_bear

HSC
U think the one your talking about is a crossover in which the original stargate ppl go to save the atlantis ppl.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*sighs*

Last night's SG1 episode was Prometheus Unbound, an episode from Season 8 that they neglected to show us because we hadn't started Atlantis yet, and thus everyone would be really confused -- even though they SHOULD be showing Season 9. And, apparently, we're not going to see the rest of Atlantis Season 1, either, at the rate Channel 7 is dicking around.

I hate having to rely on BitTorrent. I want to see the episodes in High Definition, dammit.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah im sick of Seven's mucking around. Ive been downloading them as soon as they are shown in the US.

HSC
i miss the days of good old SG-1. i watched atlantis once for several minutes and it didn't really appeal to me.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i personally thik atlantis is as good if not better than the original. it has several good plot points which make it good. it had a bit of a rocky start but it was really getting into its own style recently.

the plot advantage of At over SG1 is that in At they dont have the government and regulations and shit to follow, so they can do whats best for them e.g use Ancient tech, take other peoples tech, help people, take risks, experiment with ancient tech that they dont know what it does etc.
SG1 often had problems ethically in which they couldnt steal tech because other races would find out and come and destroy them or something.

the cast of Atlantis is pretty good for a bunch of nobodies. i was expecting alot of minor acting mistakes and an undeveloped style that would take atleast all of season 1 to dewvelop, but overall iam impressed with the professionalism these actors display.... pretty top notch stuff for a sci-fi series.

king_bludger

HSC
its all good (SPOILERS)

Well there are two episodes of Atlantis left to be shown on 7! Personally it annoys me that they did not show them back to back, but thats 7 for ya!!!

From what i have been reading, it looks like season 9 is gunna be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Claudia black (vala) and Ben Browder (both from Farscape) added to the cast (CB only for 6 episodes)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I like sg:a a lot better than the old one. I plan on downloading the series one day.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah season 9 is pretty good......Ive downloaded them as soon as they aired in the US. Obviously the Goa'uld are gone, and a new enemy emerges.....

And yeah i like Sg:a better as well, although as i said season 9 of sg-1 is looking good......

Sga appeals to me more as its more high tech i suppose...

oh and.....Hallowed are the Ori.

king_bludger

HSC
Are they already playing the season 9 episodes in America???
Thats so not fair, oh well.

And can someone please remind me of how all the goa'uld got anililated??? I can't remember

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah they are up to Sg-1 Season 9, Ep7 ; and Atlantis Season 2, Ep 7.

We just finished Atlantis Season 1 with last nights double episode. And the screening of Promethus Unbound a few weeks ago finished off Season 8 of Sg-1.

But no more Stargate on Seven, till next year (So we will end up about 6 months behind the US as usual)

But I shall continue to Download the US episodes

Last edited:

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
season 9 of sg1 is pretty shit so far. ben browder is so pathetic. its more like farscape sg1, but at least that chick has gone, she got so annoying. i dont really like all this king arthur bullshite either. the new enemy is interesting, but thats it. i thought the new enemy was going to be more of a repurcussion of what sg1 did in the season 8 finale (i.e. play with the timeline, but apparently not)

atlantis is WAYYY better. love what theyre doing with ford, and ronan is a cool new charachter. so far atlantis has been more enjoyable than sg1. but thats just my take on it.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah the finale was fantastic! how good did it look with all the darts attacking atlantis and all the guns on atlantis firing back! it was like a laser show.

and it was pretty cool with them getting nukes from those other guys... i reckon he survives tho. asif they would have a sucide mission with the main character

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The laser show is even better in The seige Part 3. (second ep of season 2)

The wraithe launches the full on attack and it looks spectacular :p

On sg-1, i think they should be devloping the Ori some more......(But yeah i think that will happen in The fourth horseman which airs in th eUS on the 26th (?)

I agree with you there Krangelus! That chick was annoying....

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Stargate rocks :D Can't wait for the rest of Season 9 and SGA Season 2 to start airing again, lol.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Stargate is back tonight.

(For all you people who havent already seen season 9)

Stargate
Avalon Pt 1
Time: 11.00
Channel: 7
Duration: 60 Minutes

Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell comes to the SGC to be the newest member of SG-1, but he soon learns from General Hank Landry, O'Neill's successor, that the team has disbanded.
Sci-fi
Christopher Judge, Ben Browder, Beau Bridges

Return, PG,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)