Starting at Q8? (1 Viewer)

MyLuv

No:D I dont bothet even buy a compass*ur bare hand is much quicker*:p (actually cant find 1:D )

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
You'll end up making an egg instead of a circle, and who knows what it will look like when you draw two lines, one parallel to the other and ends at the midpoints of another, and you put it in a strategic place where all the edges except the interception point meets the "circle"... :D

N

ND

Do most people use compasses? I've never taken one to an exam. Should i?

Affinity

HSC
1) compasses are essential
2) you should get one of those templates, save time

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by MyLuv
No:D I dont bothet even buy a compass*ur bare hand is much quicker*:p (actually cant find 1:D )
well have u tried lookin' in ya draw for once....i mean,i did the other day, and i couldn't believe how much rulers, potractors and compasses i had.....:D

Affinity

HSC
going in without a compass would be courageous

Kent_Cadarn

The crucial marks are the ones at the start, you hould be able to get most of the first 3-5 questions the rest can be really out of left field. So you might not get anything at the start or finish, be selective in reading time.

ricenoodles

HSC
err...why would u need a compass in the 4u exam? ive never used one before and it doesnt seem like it would be used in an question :confused:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ricenoodles
err...why would u need a compass in the 4u exam? ive never used one before and it doesnt seem like it would be used in an question :confused:
look the reason is because "affinity says so"...ok :D

turtle_2468

HSC
Forgot to take a compass into SC in 2000... had to make do with a piece of string from science :) And a pacer.. figure out how

did horribly in it though

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
look the reason is because "affinity says so"...ok :D
Its rubbish. I've done most of the HSC past papers and I never needed a compass :p

Oh and... Starting from q one is the best thing. When your alert in the first half of the exam, why not use it to get all or most of the marks up 2 q6? You would be guarenteedd a mark of >70 :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Many people manage to draw fine graphs without equipment. I mean, they don't really care if it's a half-a-page da-Vinci, or a rough free-hand (expect for maybe the x and y-axis). Well, that's just my opinion. :p

As a side note, people general make the most mistakes at the beginnin' 5 to 10 minutes, possibly because of anxiety, which is why its recommended to at least always check question 1, and why people often chose to do Question 8 because they are Proofs, so mistakes are less unobvious, as such.

Btw, good luck to you Ext2 people out there. :)

Last edited:
N

ND

Well i started on Q8, and screwed it big time... Moral of the story: don't start at q8 unless you're turtle or spice girl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)