Starting to freak out.. (1 Viewer)

conch575

HSC
I thought I'd be a lot more motivated, I don't even want to think about the HSC. I know it's still school holidays, and we have 2ish weeks left, but I've only finished writing my IPT notes and only 1/4 of the way though my Legal Notes... I'm scared I won't be able to finish my Senior Science, English and SOR notes..

Is anybody else here not motivated/freaking out to the extent of not even wanting to think about it?

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The fact that you've acknowledged that there's a problem with regards to your motivation is a step in the right direction. The -only- way to make yourself feel better is by doing the notes. You have two weeks left. Legal Notes, if I remember correctly, took my friends about 6 hours to complete for their half yearly. This means they can be completed in two days, over two 3 hour sessions. Same applies for SoR and Senior Science - that's 6 days worth of work.

English, you really don't need to do any notes for it - just READ YOUR TEXTS. Think of them as books that you enjoy - something you chose, rather than an assigned core text. Learn to enjoy the texts set (even though you probably don't - I know I didn't :p).

Making this thread, and seeing others in the same situation will temporarily make you feel better, but in the long run, will not help you at all.

Good luck. :)

conch575

HSC
The fact that you've acknowledged that there's a problem with regards to your motivation is a step in the right direction. The -only- way to make yourself feel better is by doing the notes. You have two weeks left. Legal Notes, if I remember correctly, took my friends about 6 hours to complete for their half yearly. This means they can be completed in two days, over two 3 hour sessions. Same applies for SoR and Senior Science - that's 6 days worth of work.

English, you really don't need to do any notes for it - just READ YOUR TEXTS. Think of them as books that you enjoy - something you chose, rather than an assigned core text. Learn to enjoy the texts set (even though you probably don't - I know I didn't :p).

Making this thread, and seeing others in the same situation will temporarily make you feel better, but in the long run, will not help you at all.

Good luck. :)
Thanks :), that's some good advice.. I'm going to go finish Legal now, I think that thinking about having to do ALL that work makes it seem so much harder than when you actually do it!

alax dillon

HSC
doing four units of english and have four english assignments at the moment, overwheklmed by them.
legal got a crap teacher, so its pretty much gonna be self taught
i am so scared by my workload that im trying to block it out and then do it when i ive just woken up so i dont really remember how much there is.

scary!!!

thankfully i have no career aspirations whatsoever that require uni. :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah same
im scared that i won't finish conics hw
and I was planning to learn ahead for maths... looks like this is not gonna happen

starting to freak out, losing motivation, and heaps scared about upcoming assessments
OP, share the pain! :D

alax dillon

HSC
who else is contemplating dropping out even though they know that theres only like eight months left and its a stupid idea?
i know i am

conch575

HSC
who else is contemplating dropping out even though they know that theres only like eight months left and its a stupid idea?
i know i am
I am.. I wish I was back in Kindergarten, wouldn't have to face Year 12 for another 12 years.. I hate it how my brother complains about his "hard" homework, and he's only in year 3. -.-

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't really say I'm the same the boat as you, but I guess it's similar... and of course my boat has holes in it too in which I'm slowly sinking ;). I havn't had a great deal of motivation these holidays either to get work done... but it seems we're in different situations since I make my syllabus notes as I learn the content in class and do some research for them at home.

In regard to assessments, I only have one of the holidays + some class tasks that I had to complete... and hopefully will finish them up soon. I've just had so many shifts at work (can't wait until I can get back to regular school life without so many shifts).

conch575

HSC
I think I may be the only person here without assessments. We did all of ours before the school term ended. I just received an email with some IPT homework in it in the past week, which I am currently completing.

alax dillon

HSC
I think I may be the only person here without assessments. We did all of ours before the school term ended. I just received an email with some IPT homework in it in the past week, which I am currently completing.

its people like me who hate people like you

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
I thought I'd be a lot more motivated, I don't even want to think about the HSC. I know it's still school holidays, and we have 2ish weeks left, but I've only finished writing my IPT notes and only 1/4 of the way though my Legal Notes... I'm scared I won't be able to finish my Senior Science, English and SOR notes..

Is anybody else here not motivated/freaking out to the extent of not even wanting to think about it?
how of legal are you planning on summarising and what topics, just out of curiosity?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
my method of going thru uni and hsc -

shut the fuck up and do it.

got me my 95+ UAI and my distinction WAM. s'all good.

twistedrebel

HSC
First 2 weeks, i done jack shit, 3rd week here and there buy barely anything. Last few days i ve been doing soem good study. Hopefully i can go full steam ahead into Half yearlies.

HSC

fffffffffffffffff

conch575

HSC
how of legal are you planning on summarising and what topics, just out of curiosity?
Writing notes on every dot point of the syllabus on the topics which we've completed in class (The first 3.. Well, we've only done 1/2 of the Crime topic)

lil-chilean

HSC
omg yes .i got motivated a few days ago wyhen i saw how much shit have to do

and my mum going on about how she doesn't want to be shamed of me by the end of the year
(god i love being ethnic)

i think if i don't go out anymore it should be ok

Lukybear

HSC
Me neither. Its like there so much stuff to do. So overwhelming. Yet i can realli seem to get motivated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)