STAT (Discussion & Results) (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
Re: Stat

Undermyskin said:
I'm totally depressed now. I have trials this weekend. Then real trials in 10 week time. Then UMAT around the same period. Then assessment tasks. Then application form for Med. Then... OMG! Don't you guys think of relaxing a bit before the STAT (i.e. Nov or Dec?)
Well im doing the mid-year STAT just in case I don't do well, in that case I can do it again in November.

Ughh did some practice qustions, quantitative ones are OK, but verbal ones are worstttt.

danz90

HSC

So, who else here from BOS is going to do STAT tomorrow @ Sydney Boys High?

What time do we have to be there by? I know the test starts at 8.45, but is there a certain time we need to present ourselves with our confirmation letter and ID by?

I hope theres good parking and no traffic on the way....

P

Pimpcess.Snaz

How'd you go in STAT?

So.. how'd everyone go? Did you do the multiple choice or written English, or both? Easy or hard?

Personally, I did the multiple choice and I didn't find it very hard but you can never be sure of those comprehension type questions..

danz90

HSC

Undermyskin said:
Agree.
Would you mind sharing some experiences after your tests? Appreciated!
The test was pretty average, I think went OK.. There were a few verbal-based qusetions that were really a pain and were vague. The quantitative ones were pretty good and challenging. I just hope I got at least 150/200....

Fairly Big turnout, the hall was almost entirely full. LOL @ the parents staring from the outside windows during the test. And we started late too... 9.26

Overall, I felt that the test was more quantitavely-based, even though the questions are half verbal and quantitative. I was disappointed that there were frequently some ambiguous and vague answer choices. Alot of graphs, diagrams etc associated with Biology/Geology-related areas, nothing mathematical (that I can remember). There were definitely some very tricky questions in there.. particularly from verbal questions as well as the one near the end on the Calendar/Print/Years.

P

Pimpcess.Snaz

Re: How'd you go in STAT?

lol yer, i was reading that thread just now, got me contemplating deleting this thread..

and yeah i did it at sydney boys, lol mum made me laugh when she was staring through the window..

EDIT: ooh.. got merged.. thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DTFM

HSC

danz90 said:
The test was pretty average, I think went OK.. There were a few verbal-based qusetions that were really a pain and were vague. The quantitative ones were pretty good and challenging. I just hope I got at least 150/200....

Fairly Big turnout, the hall was almost entirely full. LOL @ the parents staring from the outside windows during the test. And we started late too... 9.26

Overall, I felt that the test was more quantitavely-based, even though the questions are half verbal and quantitative. I was disappointed that there were frequently some ambiguous and vague answer choices. Alot of graphs, diagrams etc associated with Biology/Geology-related areas, nothing mathematical (that I can remember). There were definitely some very tricky questions in there.. particularly from verbal questions as well as the one near the end on the Calendar/Print/Years.
9:26? You didn't happen to be at the Penrith test centre, did you?

I think I went well, it was pretty much just an easy IQ test.

danz90

HSC

DTFM said:
9:26? You didn't happen to be at the Penrith test centre, did you?

I think I went well, it was pretty much just an easy IQ test.
Nah, I did it at Surry Hills test centre (Sydney Boys High).. lol don't tell me that you guys also started at 9.26, coincidentally?

coeyz

HSC

danz90 said:
So, who else here from BOS is going to do STAT tomorrow @ Sydney Boys High?

What time do we have to be there by? I know the test starts at 8.45, but is there a certain time we need to present ourselves with our confirmation letter and ID by?

I hope theres good parking and no traffic on the way....

8:45? my test started at 3:00pm ytd...
hows ur test ???
mine was like .... most of them were unsure..
i think is more difficult than the sample paper?
sigh... im quite sure that i cant pass..

danz90

HSC

Has anyone received their results yet?
Im hoping to get mine within the next couple of days..

DTFM

HSC

Nope, but I am also hopeful of getting them this week.

tambourine

HSC

they give the results that fast? u guys must be real anxious aye?

DTFM

HSC

tambourine said:
they give the results that fast? u guys must be real anxious aye?
The results come around three weeks after the exam. It is nearing three weeks from the exam.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

Ew. Sorry, I can't help this after the comments above.

Do you think the test was reasonably long? I've done the practice questions from the free booklet and I find the maths-based qs are quite normal but the paragraph ones are bloody long. It should be OK if I have enough time to read all of them, otherwise...

Ah yeah, since there are so many people doing the test, I should register now if I want to attend at my chosen test centre?

DTFM

HSC

Undermyskin said:
Ew. Sorry, I can't help this after the comments above.

Do you think the test was reasonably long? I've done the practice questions from the free booklet and I find the maths-based qs are quite normal but the paragraph ones are bloody long. It should be OK if I have enough time to read all of them, otherwise...

Ah yeah, since there are so many people doing the test, I should register now if I want to attend at my chosen test centre?
What exactly was "ew" about the above?

The test wasn't really too long. I finished about half an hour early, and many others finished before me. There is plenty of time to answer all of the questions and check your answers.

coeyz

HSC
Anyone got back their STAT result ???????

I just got it today.
I thought i would fail for sureee..
but veryyyy surprisingly i passed!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Just.Snaz

HSC
Re: Anyone got back their STAT result ???????

yep! just got em, i suprisingly passed too :D

so syked to study for pharmacy now :ninja:

danz90

HSC

I got mine today as well, I got 162. Would this STAT score be ok for admission into Pharmacy? I know they say minimum 150, but realistically, would I need a better score, or just stick with this?

jessi90

HSC

if you get over 150 then you are eligible

brendowillo

HSC
N/A

I got 162. How would you compare this to a UAI in terms of the cut-off UAI required. I'll be applying for a Bachelor of Education (Primary) as a mature age student. Would this be considered a good mark or borderline?

danz90

HSC

brendowillo said:
I got 162. How would you compare this to a UAI in terms of the cut-off UAI required. I'll be applying for a Bachelor of Education (Primary) as a mature age student. Would this be considered a good mark or borderline?
Cool, we got the same score :)
I guess since UAI is a scale of rank, it would be 80.0, since I got that percentile rank for an overall STAT score of 162.

You would have to check with the institution you're applying for whether that STAT score passes their minimum score.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)