STAT Results (1 Viewer)

nail

HSC
N/A
Just got mine back - 172 for Verbal and 170 for quantitative so really happy cos it gets me into pharmacy! Interesting that my mark of 171 (average) out of 200 equates to 96% percentile! Means it's a really hard test!Now i just need that magic ATAR which is going to be a real challenge for me.

mrboh

HSC
N/A
As I mentioned earlier, remember that the STAT score is not a raw mark .. it's a score scaled based on both this year's and previous years' applicants, so that, say, 150 this year would be equivalent to 150 last year in terms of aptitude, even though the test questions were different.

This graph shows the percentile curve for GAMSAT 2009, which is obviously a different test and scored between 0 and 100, but I'm fairly sure the shape of the curve is similar for STAT (ie. nonlinear):

IntoTheFire

HSC
I also got my STAT results today.
I got 172, which I was suprised with, especially with all the other people that left like halfway through the exam and I went to the end :S But well done to everyone else!
Verbal: 172 (96.5%)
Quantitative: 173 (93.4%)
Overall: 172 (96.8%)

Last edited:

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Verbal 154
Quantitative 170
Overall 161
when you compare those results to mine, you can see that something is definitely wrong there. 156 in verbal and 170 in quantitative..... gives us the same overall score?

congratulations nail and mrboh!

GT03

HSC
Quantitative = 170

Verbal = 163 :S

OVERALL: 166! pretty happy as long as i passed XD :music::headbang:

Last edited:

mrboh

HSC
N/A
when you compare those results to mine, you can see that something is definitely wrong there. 156 in verbal and 170 in quantitative..... gives us the same overall score?

congratulations nail and mrboh!
I remember reading somewhere that you don't get to see any decimal places for the scores, so it's possible that you could both get the same score once rounding is taken into account.

and thanks :) bear in mind that I do already have a science degree so I guess there'd be something fairly wrong if I couldn't kick the quantitative section's ass. you guys who are still doing your HSC and getting these high marks are doing awesome!

MONKEYjulz

HSC
You can not be serious. My mark is exactly the same as yours. Anyway, anyone know the cut-off for undergraduate Pharmacy at Sydney?
150 or greater.

I feel disadvantaged.. so far i'm the only one in this thread with the LOWEST STAT overall.. far out :burn:

mrboh

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how to convert the overall mark into a UAI??
UAI and STAT are totally different things, not interchangeable as far as I'm aware. I think some unis have STAT cutoffs for some of their courses, which you can check by talking to the appropriate uni, whereas others will not accept STAT at all.

tiger1213

HSC
Yeah i understand that they are different, How do you know if ur stat marks are any good, I thought that stat marks were comparable to a UAI. Eg i got a stat of 16o and that would be similar to a uai of....

mrboh

HSC
N/A
well that depends, what are you trying to do with your STAT result?

Tastegud

HSC
Tbh I find this all highly unamusing and a lot of BS on the marking scheme. Now I know that Verbal counts way more than Quantitative. Shouldn't they be fucking equal?

A STAT score of 160, even though it doesn't sound all that impressive, might still be better than 75% of people who took the test.
163 was better than 82% so.. you were close.

Verbal: 156
Quantitative: 170
Overall: 161
Thats so bs.

Verbal :167
Quantative: 165
Overall: 166
More bs.

Seriously.
I got:
Verbal: 153 (yeah shit I know)
Quantitative: 189 (bettering 99.3% of the state)

and my overall was a load of bs 163.
Seriously. Fuck that shit.
I know I was over the moon when I first saw it after school. But now looking at your scores this is bs.

fk you albertlol

5233andy

HSC
Has 150 been the one and only pass STAT mark for entry into BPharm at USYD?

(Please say yes)

5233andy

HSC
What's the likelihood of a change in STAT result cut-off for entry into BPharm at USYD?

lisarh

HSC
Tbh I find this all highly unamusing and a lot of BS on the marking scheme. Now I know that Verbal counts way more than Quantitative. Shouldn't they be fucking equal?

163 was better than 82% so.. you were close.

Thats so bs.

More bs.

Seriously.
I got:
Verbal: 153 (yeah shit I know)
Quantitative: 189 (bettering 99.3% of the state)

and my overall was a load of bs 163.
Seriously. Fuck that shit.
I know I was over the moon when I first saw it after school. But now looking at your scores this is bs.

fk you albertlol
Woe. You should have gotten higher overall ayes. Rigged.
Congrats for your quantitative score though. 99.3% dayum

Tastegud

HSC
Woe. You should have gotten higher overall ayes. Rigged.
Congrats for your quantitative score though. 99.3% dayum
Mm ty. Now that I've had some sleep, I don't really care anymore since I made the "pass" mark for BPharm. Just hoping my friends do well...

Gluck to everyone else who hasn't got them yet. I know some suburbs will be getting on Monday...

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
Deary! i was happy with my 154.. and now looking at everyones.. D:
so when exactly do we find out what the cut off is? :confused:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)