Stat Test For Uni (1 Viewer)

Wolfette

HSC
N/A
Hi

Im new to Bored of Studies and would like some advice.
I am a single mum with a son who is 3. I would like to do a Bachelor of Nursing degree at GU, but dont have any formal qualifications past my year 10 certificate.
Im going to have to sit the Stat Test and Im not sure what it involves.
Any advice about this would be great.

Thanks

Toni:)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hello Toni! Welcome to BOS! :) Hope you feel most comfortable here.

As for STAT, it's administered by ACER, and is valid all over Australia, so there is no problem sitting it here in NSW or any other state, for interstate entry. I believe the mid-year session has ended, so if you're looking to enter next year, you will have to sit the test in the November period. There are two versions of the test--multiple choice, and essay writing. You will have to check to see which version(s) the Nursing degree requires, then contact UAC for a registration form to be sent to you. You then fill in the dates you can make it, for whatever version of STAT you're sitting. The dates can be found in the UAC guide, or in the relevant interstate tertiary admissions guide, and different locations will have different dates, so yeah, you can choose dates to your convenience, e.g. in Sydney last year there was a good 2-3 locations all administering STAT at different dates and times over a period of about a month.

Depending on your uni, you may not need to send a copy of your results directly to them--UAC will do it (or the relevant interstate admissions centre), but you should definitely ask around.

I think that's all of importance, if there's anything else please ask. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
As lala2 has said, STAT is administered by ACER and it comes in several sessions so if you miss a date there is probably another just around the corner. People usually are required to do one of two things with STAT:

*Sit just the multiple choice or;
*Sit the multiple choice + short essay section (this is the most likely one for you I'm thinking)

The multiple choice involves a large number of relatively simple questions that are mostly based on logic and basic problem solving skills. They also don't require any background knowledge as that is all supplied in the question itself so its closer to a testing of your ability to think on the spot as opposed to the memorising many school aged students are taught to do. They come in two forms - qualitative and quantitative. The qualitative ones will mainly be basic comprehension and the quantitative will involve interpreting graphs and such.

The essays are fairly short, about 30 minutes each, and they each are about an issue in Australia - one is usually personally based, the other is more country based - when I sat it one essay was about the environment and whether it helps to define Australian values and the other was whether people are inspired by and reflect their heroes. Neither of my essays was very complex or long - I simply addressed the basic question - but I still managed to score in one of the highest percentiles so it shouldn't present much difficulty for you if you are able to compose your thoughts quickly and in essay form. Given that you probably haven't written essays in a while(I'm sorry if this is an innapropriate assumption), then this might be something you should work on before hand if you need to do the essay part of the STAT.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hey kami, what did you do STAT for? I was doing it for USYD Pharmacy

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
Hey kami, what did you do STAT for? I was doing it for USYD Pharmacy
I sat it for the RET, which even though I didn't end up going to UWS, it did take a load off having the extra opportunities there.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)