stat test (1 Viewer)

keropi

HSC
N/A
hey
i was wondering if i need to take both the multiple choice and the written section of the stat test if i was planning to do pharmacy.

i went on the uac website and encountered a link that said "Mid-year Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)".is this the only stat session avalable for people trying to apply for pharmacy next year? im confused, as i heard from another BOS'er that they did their stat test last yr after their hsc. would uac organise more sessions throughtout the year or is this the final offer that i should register for?
http://www.uac.edu.au/mya/admin/sessions.html

Last edited:

keropi

HSC
N/A
is it?..i dont get how we can get a stat score of over 150 for pharmacy if there is only 70 multiple choice questions. can anyone explain how that works..thanks

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
keropi said:
is it?..i dont get how we can get a stat score of over 150 for pharmacy if there is only 70 multiple choice questions. can anyone explain how that works..thanks
You get scored on each test out of 200 - as you only need to take the multiple choice component the 200 is out of that area only, whereas someone who took both components would get an averaged score (IIRC)

munkaii

HSC
Where can we sign up for STAT? I haven't been able to find any forms for it yet.

P

pLuvia

You can go to the ACER website

Here is the details Here
Either call them or email them for the registration form etc
Hope that helped

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
munkaii said:
Where can we sign up for STAT? I haven't been able to find any forms for it yet.
If you decide to do it through the UWS RET, you should get notification in the mail from them on what to do. However if you want to go on one of the other sessions(most pharmacy students do this) then go here for more info.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
if you get 0 questions right in the test.. u get a score of 100, its psychological so you dont feel like crap when you are crap

keropi

HSC
N/A
kami said:
If you decide to do it through the UWS RET, you should get notification in the mail from them on what to do. However if you want to go on one of the other sessions(most pharmacy students do this) then go here for more info.
can you do pharmacy at uws?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
no there is no pharmacy at UWS..

there are other pharmacy courses nationally if u dun mind moving. e.g. Monash, UniSA, La Trobe.. . but usually they have higher UAI cut offs than NSW unis +/- STAT or UMAT. :S
notably Monash

Last edited:

hobbit

HSC
Hey Munkaii,
If you are planning on doing Pharmacy at Usyd, it's best to apply for the STAT through UAC. There should b a form included in your UAC Guide. That way, your STAT score will automatically be sent to the Pharmacy faculty when you put it down as a preference.....leaving you worry free!

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep, you get 100/200 if you gain no marks at all (0), to make you feel good. It's pretty easy to get 150+. I am one of the lowest UAIs in pharmacy and I got a STAT score of 167. Just do some revision booklet questions--they are pretty much like the STAT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)