Stat170? (1 Viewer)

Whovian95

HSC
Hey,
With having completed only 2U mathematics for hsc, would it be sufficient knowledge to be successful in this unit?
Also, Would anyone have any lecture slides, or notes for stat170?
Thank you

crazy_paki123

HSC
Hi there, i did stat170 and i think its fair to say General Maths is sufficient for STAT170. Hoevever it requires work and application to do well in it even if you did 2U because of all the hypothesis testing and regression. Best advice is keep up to date with the work and you will reap the rewards for STAT170

106mikey

HSC
N/A
There's no maths in STAT170, i dropped maths in year 10 and was awful at maths, but i found STAT170 to be one of my favourite/ easiest units for first year. They give you a formula sheet in the tests/exams for every formula you need to know, the hardest thing about stat is just figuring out what the question is asking you to do and which formula to use. Once you figure that out you just look it up on the formula sheet and pick out the variables that are needed for the formula and attach them to the right data (e.g. μ), then just plug the formula into the calculator with your data and you are doing stats. You can also take in one A4 page with notes on both sides into the final exam.

So don't waste time memorising formulas, just understand what they represent and what specific words in questions signify to you that you need to use this specific formula instead of a different one etc etc, STAT kind of felt like a reading comprehension subject to me more than anything.

Whovian95

HSC
OOH okay thanks! That's a relief then haha
What are your thoughts on ECON110 and ECON110?
Would anyone have any sample notes/lectures? :)

crazy_paki123

HSC
dont know about econ110 (doing it this semester) but econ111 was very very easy. actually burning i just missed out on HD (83).

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
both econ110 and econ111 are quite easy, you don't really need high school economics at all.

All you need are some simple maths and know those graphs.

I didn't do economics for my hsc and I got HD in both subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)